As a Senior Database Administrator, you are a member of PNC's Enterprise Computing Services organization of more than 1,100 professionals. PNC's technology operations are among the leading in their field. You will be based in Columbus, OH or Cleveland OH , where you will work as part of the Centrally Managed Database Technologies Group.
Your area is responsible for database planning, including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines and protection. As an integral part of this dynamic and progressive team, you will formulate and monitor policies, procedures and standards relating to database management and propose and implement enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Your position combines autonomy with team and supervisor support as you create and maintain database objectives for all environments, across multiple hardware and environment types for Oracle RDBMs. You will also provide technical database expertise and problem-solving support to resolve DBMS issues and assist in the monitoring of database performance and suggest improvements.
Because PNC strives to not only acquire great talent, but also develop them organically, your manager will strive continually enhance your skills on such projects as designing, implementing and testing database backup and recovery. Your strength as a team player will be highlighted when you participate in the evaluation, configuration and implementation of database software and products and the creation and review of the logical data model. Your significant contributions will help us maintain our position as a center for technology excellence, as recognized by CIO magazine and InformationWeek magazine.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer/Information Science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of SQL or related experience.
- Expert knowledge and experience in large mainframe and or client/server environments. Posses advanced verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Position is required to work nontraditional shifts/on call requirements. Must have the ability to train and mentor others.
- Flexibility to work the required non-traditional and on-call shifts
- Oracle database - enterprise edition - 10g, 11g, 12c
- Oracle upgrades
- Application of Oracle minor releases and security patches, RMAN backups and recovery,
- Oracle RAC (Real Application Clusters)
- SQL tuning and PL/SQL experience
- Oracle OEM (grid control)
- UNIX/LINUX shell scripting
- Oracle Partitioning
- Database design and layout
- Oracle DataGuard
- Experience with UNIX based operating systems (as it pertains to database administration) - Oracle/RedHat Linux, Solaris, AIX, Linux
- Enterprise level change management processes and procedures
- EMC Avamar Media Management Systems
- Experience in large datawarehousing environments a plus.
- Experience with Oracle Exadata technology a plus, but those with strong Oracle RAC administration backgrounds will be more strongly considered .