Job Title: Project Manager - Sr.
Job Purpose: The Project Manager will be responsible for supporting software development projects, utilizing an Enterprise Agile methodology, for a specific line of business and product families. More specific responsibilities will include developing and executing projects to support numerous software releases. There will be opportunities to act as a role model and mentor on product development lifecycle methodology, standards and change leadership. Some efforts might require leading broad, ambiguously defined initiatives. Some assignments will be strategic in nature, requiring this individual to exercise creativity, some level of vision and conceptualization, self-motivation and initiative. The Project Manager will be expected to be a leader, well versed in project management skills and an effective communicator, oral and written. There may be small group speaking and presentation opportunities.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Exercise basic project management activities
- Develop and manage to plans and quarterly releases
- Anticipate and identify risks and issues
- Develop and implement mitigation plans
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Plan and facilitate meetings
- Report status & metrics
- Escalate issues / prioritize discrepancies as needed
- Manage product development tool(s) such as Version One
- Define success metrics and develop reporting plan for measuring progress across all assigned initiatives
- Collect data and work with assigned resources to identify potential areas of improvement
- Based on internal feedback, work with management to develop strategy for gaining operational efficiencies and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Operate under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment
- Support The Enterprise Agile Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC)
- As a steward for PDLC compliance and governance
- As a coach for teams, promoting consistent Agile practices to ensure reliable project delivery while still allowing team to self-organize
- As a champions of organizational change management – communicating with stakeholders, managing the right message about Agile adoption
- Collaborating with overlapping management to ensure active participation from the executive level, the project teams, and middle management
- As a custodian of metrics for the delivery team, product team, line of business, and division that show health of the project(s)
Education: Bachelors degree. Four years of military experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.