Facilitates and enables success of the sales organizations within multiple markets. Creates and manages comprehensive plans to address sales to multiple markets as a product subject-matter-expert. Collaborates with product management, marketing and other departments to produce business plans to grow sales of innovative solutions in multiple markets. Responsibilities will include identifying and developing new opportunities, and expanding business with existing customers. Specific duties include educating other sales team members on the assigned product/solution portfolio, presenting assigned products to clients, contributing to technical responses for sales proposals, generating quotations, and maintaining pipeline/forecast within relevant tools such as salesforce.com. May be called uoon as a technical product specialist to develop and present sales proposals and systems solutions, and to assist in closing sales with other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
60% - Perform sales activities for all assigned products and associated professional services through partners and end users to achieve or exceed assigned revenue objectives.
- Contact and visit prospective customers, resellers and channel partners to determine needs.
- Participate in meetings with executive-level customer & prospect representatives as the subject-matter-expert for the product/solution, discussing NEC’s design, pricing and the competitive advantages of assigned products to create additional opportunities.
- Maintain a regular schedule of contact via phone/on-site visits.
- Alert client to new or improved products and related services.
- Create and perform sales presentations to match company's products/services with identified needs.
- Sell products/services through face-to-face contact.
- Become a “trusted advisor” of clients through sales efforts.
- Create plans for both incremental and quantum sales growth, driving revenue to achieve organizational targets.
- Provide support to formulate appropriate strategies for large and complex sales opportunities.
- Work with Marketing and Product Management to formulate solution-oriented launch plans, road shows and content for sales training.
20% - Develop good working relationship with NEC Account Managers, System Engineers, inside sales & consultants, as well as customers at a technical level.
- Remain knowledgeable of company's hardware and software products/services to facilitate sales efforts.
- Research trends, markets, complementary products and competitive products.
10% - Provide coordination between Field Sales personnel and Product Management personnel in support of sales of the NEC’s product lines.
10% - Provide product training, demonstrations, and sales presentations at NEC’s location, at a customer’s site or via WebEx as requested.
- Support horizontal solution-selling efforts by providing Sales training and Sales tools.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent training in a technical discipline (such as EE, or Computer Science).
Six or more years of sales experience. High level of knowledge of NEC’s products and services.
Certifications, Licenses, etc:
Storage, Networking and Server Operating Systems (such as Microsoft, VMware and Red Hat Linux) knowledge
Specialized Knowledge and Skills -
Excellent oral, technical writing and presentation skills. Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Professional appearance and presentation required in front of small and large audience.
Must be able to understand complex sales environments where partners as well as end users are involved, and determine the most effective approach to success.
Understanding of Server, Storage, networking and software products, operating systems and Virtualization technology.
Work Environment and Physical Demands -
General Work Environment:
General office environment.
Moderate noise level.
Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs
Must be able to work in high transaction environment. Medium level stress.
>50% - Road Warrior
Supervisory Responsibility, if any:
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.