Atrium Windows and Doors, the largest manufacturer of non-wood windows in the United States, is seeking a qualified Team Lead for 1st or 2nd Shift Assembly at our North Texas facility in Dallas.
The Team Lead must be an example out on the line for Safety, Quality and Productivity. They must work closely w/other leads to ensure all production is completed prior to shift ending. Must ensure lines keep up with schedules and communicate clearly w/Supervisor if there are concerns or issues preventing the lines from meeting UPMH (units per man hour).
Skills & Requirements
- Must be able to assign, distribute and supervise personally the work assignments.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with supervisors and peers on line performance
- Must be an effective communicator and able to evaluate the job performance of the workers.
- Must know and maintain the products coming off designated line
- Ensure quality of product coming out of the department
- Must know how to read the production schedules and ensure schedules are completed daily
- Maintain Process Monitor Boards on an hourly basis
- Keep production moving at all time, constantly looking for ways to improve throughput
- Required overtime until orders are completed daily
- Maintain a well-organized and clean work area
- Must have and maintain good attendance
- Additional duties as assigned
- Able to read and understand tape measure
- Ability to operate all line machinery and equipment
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English)
- 2 or more years of manufacturing experience
- Must be able to work overtime, Saturdays and second shift
Atrium Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package to full time employees, including two medical plan options, two dental plan options, vision plan, flexible spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance (basic & voluntary), disability protection, 401(k) retirement plan, employee assistance program, wellness program with available healthcare reimbursement account, telemedicine, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Employment is contingent upon candidate’s ability to provide documentation of legal authorization to work in the United States upon hire – no exceptions. Employment also contingent upon results of comprehensive background check and pre-employment drug screen. We are a drug-free workplace.