Please note that we are currently building a Talent pool for projected upcoming open positions and that we will only contact the candidates whose profiles match open positions.
Invensys is a global technology company that works in partnership with a broad range of industrial and commercial customers to design and supply advanced technologies that optimize their operational performance and profitability. From oil refineries and power stations to mining companies and appliance manufacturers, our market-leading software, systems and controls enable our customers to monitor, control and automate their products and processes, thereby maximizing safety, efficiency, reliability and ease of use.
Our lines of business are grouped into four business segments: Software, Industrial Automation, Energy Controls and Appliance. You may recognize our market brands, such as Triconex, Wonderware, Foxboro, Ranco and Eurotherm, among others.
Invensys works with:
• 23 of the top 25 petroleum companies
• 48 of the top 50 chemical companies
• 18 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies
• 35 of the top 50 nuclear power plants
• All of the top 10 mining companies
• 7 of the top 10 appliance manufacturers
• 20% of the world’s electricity generation
• 18% of the world’s crude oil refining
• 37% of the world’s nuclear energy generation
• 62% of the world’s liquefied natural gas production
• 23% of the world’s chemical production
Technical Sales Consultant
• Invensys Technical Sales Consultants (TSC's) enable Invensys’ Sales organization to meet or exceed its target by enabling Portfolio Sales through technical support direction and business acumen.
• The TSC plays a key role in the sales organization by enabling, supporting and driving the Client Sales Executives (CSE) and Client Sales Representatives (CSR) to look for and close portfolio opportunities.
• The TSC provides sales support throughout the sales cycle. This support is specific to the development and implementation of complex products, applications or solutions within a product or industry segment.
• Assists the pursuit team with identifying, qualifying, and quantifying new opportunities.
• Assists pursuit team throughout the sales cycle with strategy, tactics and scope of pursuits.
• Uses in-depth product and/or industry knowledge to provide sales presentations and product demonstrations.
• May require coordination with Portfolio and Industry Marketing.
• Applies industry, technical and Invensys knowledge to interpret client's requirements and needs and identify and recommend integrated solutions, products, and services. Could include consultation and/or product capability assessment and validation with prospective users.
• May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products, applications or solutions.
• May participate in quote preparation, specification responses, technical definition, or coordinating the pricing of the job with the responsible individuals.
• May be asked to perform Process Studies to discover improvement opportunity and economic value through teaming with clients.
• May build a mini-application based on client requirements to demonstrate the feasibility of the application, often requiring product and solution demos.
• May prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of company products, applications, or solutions.
• May define and spec non-Invensys products for inclusion in Invensys provided solutions.
Job Essential Functions
• Maintains knowledge of assigned products, industries, and accounts. Knows and is known by key clients and often participates in key internal and external forums and societies.
• Maintains good understanding of current client business drivers and how Invensys solutions provide value and solve the client's business needs within the particular industry.
• Experience in communicating and presenting to all levels of client stakeholders and ability to determine and relay Invensys value solutions at all layers of the enterprise.
• Assists with the orientation and training of sales personnel in the unique problems and techniques of the product segment or industry. Also promotes company ability, reputation, products, systems, new techniques and other specialized technical knowledge throughout the particular industry.
• Understands various products and solutions in the marketplace that solve business applications. Has knowledge of the relationship of various products to achieve data flow between applications to drive business information and business value.
• Writes and/or presents technical or industry solution papers. Assists in the coordination of major projects.
• May provide assistance to Marketing, Engineering, and Services on business, sales, and application issues that may arise after an order is received.
• Keeps abreast of solutions implemented by Engineering for possible use in promotional materials, client presentations, and competitive analysis.