This challenging and rewarding role as a Store Clerk will open you up to new opportunities. This role as a Store Clerk helps maintain and operate the Employee Store. As part of the Human Resources team, this position provides high quality customer service to our employees through operating the cash register / Point of Sale system, maintaining the cleanliness and order of the store, stocking shelves, and assisting with inventory. The Store Clerk is also part of the Employee Services team which provides support for Employee Events, Mail delivery, Van driving and security door coverage.
What you'll Do:
- Handles cash and perform daily reconciliation of cash register
- Ensures stock levels on sales floor are continually maintained with merchandise
- Creatively display merchandise in store and display case to promote store sales
- Stock store shelves
- Provide excellent customer service
- Maintain organization in the store, backroom and Employee Services Department by providing a safe and clean work environment; assist with cleaning of the stores and after events
- Inspect and verify that all equipment functions properly
- Data entry of inventory using QuickBooks
- Assists with organization and execution of Special Events as necessary such as preparation and cleanup for presentations, vendor visits, company contests, and monthly treats
- Van driver providing transportation for employees, daily mail delivery and services for the department
- Assists in coverage of Security Door
What you can expect in return:
- A consistent work schedule
- Work for a premier catalog retailer
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Opportunities to connect and actively participate in events
- A 50% store discount..........yes 50!
- Inclusive benefits; you name it we’ve got it!
Work Hours: Full Time, Hourly, Rotating Hours 7am -6:30pm
- Fluent in English and Spanish preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be required to lift over 50 lbs. up to 75 lbs., requesting assistance if necessary
- Must be able to walk, stand, for at least 8 hours per shift; able to work in varying environmental conditions within a typical warehouse setting, including heat, cold, dust, noise and moving machinery
- Must be flexible with schedule and area assignment due to business needs
- Prefer experience with cash register or Point of Sale system and Microsoft Office
For over 50 years, LTD Commodities has been committed to selling top-quality merchandise at a tremendous value. From our humble beginnings as small mail-order businesses, LTD has grown to become one of the country's premier eCommerce and catalog retailers. And we are proud to say we remain a family-run company focused on one premise: satisfy our customers with high-quality products at a great value. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding values, incomparable selection, and the convenience of one-stop shopping both in our catalogs and online at www.ltdcommodities.com.
LTD Commodities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. LTD Commodities is located in the northern Chicago suburbs.
Keywords: Cashier, store clerk, cash register, stocking, merchandising, retail, customer service, events