Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the leading technical advisor to the global oil and gas industry. We enable safe, reliable and enhanced performance in projects and operations.
We provide consistent, integrated services within technical and marine assurance and advisory, risk management advisory and offshore classification.
Together with our partners, we drive the industry forwards by developing best practices and standards.
Our people combine industry expertise, multi-disciplinary skills and innovation to solve complex challenges for our customers.Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL - Oil & Gas is seeking a Principal Engineer to act as a group leader within our Oil & Gas Corrosion Control group. This position is based in our Dublin, OH office, just outside of Columbus.
Tasks may include
- Group leader for the O&G corrosion control group at DNV GL
- Lead and mentor junior staff, facilitate program development for senior staff
- Act as discipline expert in their field of expertise
- Under limited supervision, develop and assesses corrosion inhibition, and corrosion control programs for risers, flowlines, and pipelines
- Develop a strong portfolio of applied research and engineering programs in the O&G area
- Perform the most complex tasks and operates fully independently in the discipline
- Interacts with clients and facilitates business development, while identifying targeted key customers and build high level relationships in the organizations
- Systematic interaction (meetings, dialogues, workshops, presentations) with customers in order to identify the customer's needs and implement associated customized solutions based on the totality of DNV’s service portfolio
- Understand and stay current on the industry and have overview projects in the regions
- Identify opportunities for launching Joint Industry Projects and be able to ensure follow up until completion
- May approve project and work related documents and/or findings for analysis and strategy reports
- Manage and direct work and participation in work executions, i.e. including SHE, project budget, schedule and client expectations
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Lifting of objects up to 25 pounds, up to 5% of the time
- Standing, up to approximately 5-10% of the time
- Sitting at a desk or workstation, significant time