An opportunity to make an impact? What a concept!
The chance to make a difference. There's no greater feeling in your career. It makes you feel like you're on top of the world. It's a feeling you can experience at Golden Corral. The company behind the highly successful chain of family-style buffet and grill restaurants, we provide the guidance and support that result in extraordinary growth. And with individuals like you on our team, our organization will grow for years to come.
Currently, we are seeking an individual as a Senior Tax Analyst
, who is responsible for reviewing or preparing federal and state income tax returns, computing estimated tax payments, responding to inquiries from taxing authorities and independent accountants, and researching technical issues. Additional responsibilities include providing assistance in computation of tax provisions and in reconciliation of tax accounts, directing audits by income tax authorities, and updating and maintaining tax preparation and research software, including coordination with accounting to maintain fixed asset tax depreciation. The position is located at the corporate headquarters in Raleigh, NC.
* Preparation and/or review of returns and computations in the following areas: 45%
o Federal and State income tax returns for multi-state consolidated S-Corporations
o Federal and State estimated tax payments
o Federal/State reporting for employee benefit plans
o Fringe benefit reporting
* Preparation of quarterly shareholder distributions, annual shareholder elections, and correspondence related to composite state tax filings. 15%
* Preparation of tax provisions, tax account reconciliations and footnotes for inclusion in audited financial statements. 15%
* Prepares technical correspondence and protests to taxing authorities regarding notices and audits in the above technical areas for review by the Tax Manager. 15%
* Analyzes technical issues, filing positions, or proposed transactions; then researches and makes recommendations as to probable solutions. Technical areas include income tax, franchise tax and employee benefits. 10%
* Assures timely compliance with deadlines and due dates.
* Coordinates with MIS and Accounting to compile information required to meet preparation responsibilities.
* Responsible for direct supervision of subordinates assigned to projects under his/her control, including evaluation of performance, training and assistance.
* Review of and assistance with the maintenance of the company's fixed asset system including calculation of GAAP and tax depreciation.
* Performs other accounting, financial or tax duties as requested by the Tax Manager.