As a Lead Software Engineer/Developer
and a member of PNC's Information Technology group, you will be part of a diversified financial services firm that reflects the needs, values and goals of our customers, employees, communities and shareholders. You will be instrumental in helping to maintain PNC's reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations. Your area is responsible for performing application software development for system enhancements, potentially across a variety of technology platforms.
As an integral part of this dynamic and progressive team, you will develop basic application software for system enhancements, across a variety of technology platforms. You will also assess and determine design considerations, which include application programs that contain the business logic, and modify databases, client reports, internal reports and online presentations.
This position combines autonomy with leadership support while you develop plans for new systems that ensure a quality product is presented to PNC Lines of Business (LOB) for acceptance. Through integrity, teamwork and customer focus, you will help reinforce our product-specific goals and concepts to drive value to each LOB. Because PNC not only acquires great talent but also develops them organically, you will guide less experienced senior developers. On a daily basis, you will be responsible for leading the team in the architecture, design, and development of new projects. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the project meets PNC Standards.
This position will be based in Pittsburgh, PA
.The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an IT-related field.
- Equivalent experience would be acceptable in lieu of education.
- 7-10 years related experience.
- Strong understanding of Java/JEE/J2EE technologies
- In depth knowledge of web development.
- Strong understanding of the Spring Framework.
- Experience with Middleware technologies.
- Must have the ability to lead a project based team through the full software development life cycle.
- Possess a strong understanding of IT concepts including database concepts structures, software/application development techniques, and testing techniques.
- Develops a strong understanding of core technologies contained within the LOB application supported.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.