As a Technical Platform Specialist Senior and a member of PNC's Information Technology group, you will be part of a diversified financial services firm that reflects the needs, values and goals of our customers, employees, communities and shareholders. You will be instrumental in helping to maintain PNC's reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations.
The Windows Platform Senior functions as an integral member of the Windows Desktop Delivery team with responsibility for supporting 80,000 Windows PCs across an end-user computing environment that spans over 3200 physical locations.
This role is focused on the support and management of the PNC Shared file environment with particular focus on the logical components of a large and complex shared file environment. You are expected to bring extensive knowledge and understanding of Windows file technologies such as Microsoft's Distributed File System (DFS), NTFS and Active Directory. The preferred location for the position is Pittsburgh, PA. The position can be located in Cleveland, OH as well.
- Support ' Will participate in desktop support rotation to support file and desktop related issues.
- Data Management - Will require to move/delete data on file systems as required for storage management.
- Project Consulting ' Act in various capacities for file services projects with particular emphasis on data migration.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field, such as Computer Science, IS, and Telecom. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- 7+ years of related experience.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of various technologies and their interdependencies
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Seasoned in providing 3 rd level desktop support.
- Must be organized and flexible
- Self-motivator & attention to detail
- Strong Windows desktop/server background including Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server.
- Windows Scripting and Automation including VbScript & Powershell
- Working knowledge of various file service technologies including Network Attached Storage (NAS), NetApp, and Northern Reporting Suite.
- Demonstrated experience managing large/complex projects
- Senior level experience working in a large scale environment.
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment.