Additional Job Information
Title: Nurse Manager
City, State: Baltimore,MD
Location: St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD
Additional Job Details: FT Days
This is a middle management position in which the nurse manager has twenty-four hour responsibility for the management of the Telemetry Unit. The nurse manager has the authority necessary to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities and is held accountable for outcomes that reflect a high standard of clinical and administrative practice in assigned areas. The Nurse Manager manages activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing unit(s).
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with Ascension Health Core Values, St. Agnes policies/ procedures and applicable civil laws. Is accountable for efficient use of resources and support of the St. Agnes mission.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s).
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
Education & Experience:
- Four years of clinical experience and one year of experience in a leadership role in an acute care hospital at date of hire required.
- Three years in a managerial position at date of hire preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) at date of hire required.
- Master of Science Nursing or Master's degree in related field at date of hire preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Current CPR certification from the American Heart Association (Healthcare Provider card) (BCLS or BLS) or the American Red Cross (CPR-AED for Healthcare Provider card) at date of hire required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)/ENTC required for pediatric RNs at date of hire required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland at date of hire required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Welcome to the Careers Home Page. On-line applications must be submitted for employment consideration.
CURRENT SAINT AGNES HOSPITAL ASSOCIATES SHOULD NOT APPLY USING THE APPLICATION FORM LINKED ON THIS PAGE. THIS APPLICATION FORM IS ONLY FOR NON-ASSOCIATES. PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE ASSOCIATE HEALTH PORTAL.
Associate job applications/transfer requests must be completed through the Associate Health Portal in order to be processed.
To apply for this job, please go and log-in to
External Applicants please click the ''Apply Now'' button.
If you encounter any problems or have questions about using the Associate Health Portal, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-562-2824
If you have a disability and/or require assistance completing the online application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-JOBATAH
PLEASE NOTE: there may be compatibility issues with certain mobile devices, such as Smart Phones and Apple Products. For improved usability, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Windows Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to improve our system compatibility with mobile devices.
Windows 8 or Internet Explorer 10: For applicants accessing our Career Website through Windows 8 or Internet Explorer 10, please update your Compatibility View by taking the following steps:
1.Locate the Compatibility View button that appears next to the Address bar. (If you do not see the button, there is no need to turn on Compatibility View).
2.Click the Compatibility View button to display the site in Compatibility View.
Once you turn on Compatibility View, Internet Explorer will automatically show this site in compatibility View each time you visit. You can turn if off by clicking the Compatibility View button.
For questions or more information, please call the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-562-2824
At Saint Agnes Hospital, one of Baltimore’s most respected and admired teaching hospitals, you will find a team that strikes an incredible balance between extraordinary patient care and unrivaled compassion. Saint Agnes Hospital offers you the opportunity to be a part of something truly amazing: a healing ministry on care’s cutting edge. We offer a full range of health care services and are proud that the doctors, nurses and health care professionals on our staff are the best in the industry.