The Emergency Department consists of a 39 bed unit with an average of 60,000 patients per year. The patient population includes pediatrics, general medical and cardiac. SAMC has a very busy cardiac program, with the ER treating large numbers of acute MI patients in conjunction with the hospital's two cardiac cath labs. SAMC was the first Chest Pain-Certified ED in Central Texas.
Our staff consists of physicians, RN's, and technicians. All of our nursing and technical staff is currently certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and many RN's are currently certified in pediatric care (PALS or ENPC). Many of our nurses have attained their CEN certification and CCRN certifications.
The Registered Nurse (RN) utilizes the nursing process to direct and deliver comprehensive nursing care to patients on an assigned unit in a safe and proficient manner according to individual patient needs. Provides direct patient care based upon South Austin Medical Center Hospital Standards of Care and Standards of Practice, Polices, Procedures and Practice Guidelines. Provides guidance and supervision to Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN), Nursing Technicians, Nursing Assistants and Unit Secretaries. He/she acts as patient and advocate with the Hospital environment. Assumes Charge Nurse responsibilities and accepts assignments on other units when necessary.
- Possess the comprehensive nursing skills to perform triage assessment that shall include rapid systematic collection of data related to the patient's chief complaint.
- Completes and thorough triage assessment is performed and documented using the Nursing process at the time of presentation, based on accepted Emergency Nursing standards, on patient condition and Hospital policy.
- Differentiates severity of patient problems and prioritizes care, designating an appropriate acuity level.
- Facilitates the flow of patients through the emergency care system ensuring timely evaluation according to the health care needs of the patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in the care of all aspects of medical and traumatic emergencies.
- Considers principles of Emergency Nursing assessment while formulating appropriate nursing interventions for disease/trauma entity.
Required: Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Texas
Experience Required: 1 year ER experience
Certification Preferred: ACLS, ENPC, TNCC, PALS
Health Care, Nurse
4 Year Degree
At least 1 year(s)
Other Great Industries
privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.