Ascend Hospice (www.ascendhospice.com) Location:
Greater Kansas City Hours:
FT, 40 hour, Monday-Friday, day shift Company Overview:
Ascend Hospice, formerly Care Alternatives, founded in 1995, is a nondenominational, multicultural hospice and palliative care provider built on the belief that hospice should reflect the life we live – one lived fully and with dignity. With offices in NJ, MA, PA, KS, MO, CA & VA, we provide care to patients in facilities, hospitals and private homes. Job Responsibilities:
The Registered Nurse will be responsible for:
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs.
- Regularly re-evaluates the patients nursing needs & use assessment data to determine care plan needs
- Collaborates with the healthcare team, patient and patient’s family, and helps direct the work of the healthcare team to provide care that is continuous and well coordinated.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting end of life needs
- Initiates appropriate preventative and palliative nursing procedures
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patients condition
- Supervises the Hospice Aides (CNA, CHHA, etc.)