- Provide technical expertise and platform leadership in areas of Cisco WAN, LAN, WLAN, VPN and Firewall technologies.
- Perform advanced monitoring and reporting related to network systems.
- Configure, implement, and troubleshoot a variety of Cisco Hardware/Software Products, including: VPN Concentrators, Firewalls, Routers, WLAN and Switches.
- Assist in the formulation of LAN/WAN policy and procedures.
- Project Planning and documentation as required.
- Participate in weekend maintenance activities as required.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: Provide clear and effective direction to less experienced staff. Review the work of others and be able to detect errors or needed modifications. Other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in a related discpline and 5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to evaluate network performance and interact with users to solve complex problem. Must be detail oriented and organized. Requires the ability to understand network evaluation criteria and be exact in assessments. Must have good communications skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through. Candidates should possess good consulting skills and effectively deliver training. Must have the ability and willingness to be on-call.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
Technical skills needed:
- CCNP and or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Cisco Nexus products.
- Experience with Cisco ASA Firewall administration and IDS/IPS modules.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting IPSec and SSL VPNs.
- Expert level knowledge of the OSI model, common network protocols, TCP/UDP ports, and common network troubleshooting tools (tcpdump, wireshark, etc).
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues in theWLAN/LAN/WAN and work with multiple teams to identify bottlenecks and other network configuration issues.
- Competent to work at a high technical level on all phases of network operations with emphasis on security.
- Ability to follow network protocols and methodology
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The employee must also be able to crawl and work in small spaces.