We are looking for a Benefits/Leave Administration Manager
to join our growing HR Team at our Corporate office in Calabasas, CA.
The Benefits/Leave Administration Manager will be responsible for leading and overseeing the administration of and support for the company's employee benefit plans, policies and practices. This is an exciting opportunity to join a 12,000 employee and growing national retailer as it optimizes its existing benefits plans and assesses other benefits models. The successful candidate must have a passion for helping others, excellence in execution, and a desire to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Harbor Freight Tools is different. We're not your typical retailer. We're actually a retailer and branded tool producer rolled into one. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. We're allergic to bureaucracy, extra layers of management and politics. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 35 year-old, $2.5 billion company - on pace to $7.5 billion in the next few years - with the energy and enthusiasm of a start-up. We have over 400 stores nationwide and are opening a new one every week. If you're a leader with your ego in check, if you know what it means to be an open-minded partner, if you aren't afraid to get into the weeds to learn the Harbor Freight way and join our history making enterprise, then we'd love to talk to you.
- Oversee and guide all aspects of benefits plan design, administration, and regulatory compliance; Collaborate with management and insurance brokers to design, implement, and optimize comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance plans, other voluntary options and retirement plans.
- Serve as the primary contact and resource for plan vendors and third party administrators.
- Oversee annual open enrollment focusing on continuous improvement year over year.
- Analyze and report cost estimates/ projections and other relevant statistical data relating to modifications in benefit programs and recommend cost containment plan design strategies.
- Provide necessary financial data to assist in preparing budgetary recommendations and presentation materials.
- Lead automation to a paperless and self-service benefits environment. Identify opportunities and lead implementation efforts to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Prepare census data for actuarial assessments. Partner with HRIS on data extraction, contribution updates, and mapping.
- Participate in benefit surveys and analyze information obtained from the results. Forecast trends and assist with future benefit designs.
- Recommend and implement an integrated and comprehensive employee wellness program; including Wellness Series Workshops and annual Health & Wellness Fair.
- Audit the accuracy and performance of functions and transactions performed by benefits staff. Create metrics and dashboard reporting tools.
- Develop communication tools that market, enhance understanding, and invite employees to join plans.
- Oversee, audit and reconcile the processing of monthly billings, including COBRA, and the preparation of ACH & wires for payment and administrative fees for all group plans.
- Lead 401(k) administration and coordination of quarterly review meetings.
- Oversee and manage all types of Leave of Absences; including Federal, State and Personal working in tandem with outsourced leave of absence administrator.
- Assist Benefits Specialists where needed in addressing high level issues; auditing data ensuring processes and policies are followed.