As an Infrastructure (Network) Engineer Senior and a member of PNC's Information Technology, you will be part of a diversified financial services firm that reflects the needs, values and goals of our customers, employees, communities and shareholders. You will be instrumental in helping to maintain PNC's reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations.
Your area is responsible for performing engineering of all PNC technology hardware and software infrastructure layers, including desktop, servers, storage, data and voice network, and security.
You may be seated in Cleveland, OH or Pittsburgh, PA.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- Understanding of ASR routers. This includes the configuration of MPLS, VRF's and BGP.
- Configuring Cisco routers to support EIGRP, OSPF and BGP routing protocols
- Configuring ACL, CBAC, NAT and QoS, encryption and other network controls
- Configuring Cisco switches to support LAN
- Familiar with Checkpoint and ASA firewalls a plus
- Familiar with DNS technologies
- Implementations and support on MPLS, DSL point to point, internet and vpn networks
- Experience reading traces, Ciscoworks, HP Openview and NETQoS
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- 4 to 7 years of experience.
- Possess an advanced and thorough understanding of IT concepts including network structures, operating system capabilities and application architecture requirements.
- Strong and thorough understanding of core infrastructure technologies required by the enterprise that will be supported.
- Designing and / or supporting telecommunications, voice or data networks.
- Strong and thorough understanding of core and remote Wi-Fi network
- Data network installations, planning, coordinating and support
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Goal and / or project driven
- Results oriented
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) highly preferred