Additional Job Information
Title: Physician Asst PRN Day
City, State: Baltimore, MD
Location: St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD
Department: PBP Surgery General 001
Additional Job Details: PRN Days
At Saint Agnes Hospital, one of Baltimore’s most respected and admired teaching hospitals, you will find a team that strikes an incredible balance between extraordinary patient care and unrivaled compassion. Saint Agnes Hospital offers you the opportunity to be a part of something truly amazing: a healing ministry on care’s cutting edge. We offer a full range of health care services and are proud that the doctors, nurses and health care professionals on our staff are the best in the industry.
The Physician Assistant provides direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services under the supervision of a physician.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
- Provides and documents direct treatment and management of health conditions.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's level degree.
- Required for Acute Care unit only - Hospital Based Training in Acute Care at date of hire, other units do not require experience.
- Per Maryland Board of Physicians: Applicants who graduate from an accredited physician assistant educational program after October 1, 2003, must have a baccalaureate degree or the equivalent education to a baccalaureate degree required at date of hire.
- Successful completion of an NCCPA Accredited PA Program required at date of hire.
Licenses & Certifications:
- NCCPA Certification AND Maryland License Approved Delegation Agreement by the MD state BPQA required at date of hire.
Welcome to the Careers Home Page. On-line applications must be submitted for employment consideration.
CURRENT SAINT AGNES HOSPITAL ASSOCIATES SHOULD NOT APPLY USING THE APPLICATION FORM LINKED ON THIS PAGE. THIS APPLICATION FORM IS ONLY FOR NON-ASSOCIATES. PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE ASSOCIATE HEALTH PORTAL.
Associate job applications/transfer requests must be completed through the Associate Health Portal in order to be processed.
To apply for this job, please go and log-in to
External Applicants please click the ''Apply Now'' button.
If you encounter any problems or have questions about using the Associate Health Portal, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-562-2824
If you have a disability and/or require assistance completing the online application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-JOBATAH
PLEASE NOTE: there may be compatibility issues with certain mobile devices, such as Smart Phones and Apple Products. For improved usability, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Windows Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to improve our system compatibility with mobile devices.
Windows 8 or Internet Explorer 10: For applicants accessing our Career Website through Windows 8 or Internet Explorer 10, please update your Compatibility View by taking the following steps:
1.Locate the Compatibility View button that appears next to the Address bar. (If you do not see the button, there is no need to turn on Compatibility View).
2.Click the Compatibility View button to display the site in Compatibility View.
Once you turn on Compatibility View, Internet Explorer will automatically show this site in compatibility View each time you visit. You can turn if off by clicking the Compatibility View button.
For questions or more information, please call the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-562-2824
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.