Sr. Logistics Manager, Home Delivery and Installation (Operation Support)
General DescriptionPosition Summary
Responsible for either a major operational department in the logistics cycle of all Samsung products from manufacturing through SALS warehouses and to the customer. May be responsible for regional or national customer account relations or managing customer product returns and claims. The position ensures the smooth transportation of product through the supply chain by the management of individual shipments in transit, the determination of shipping methods or warehousing methods, the analysis of inventory levels and product shipping and storage scenarios, the management of delivery and documentation and the processing of claims through phone and personal contact with logistics colleagues at our business partners, internal partners, and customers. Common Essential Duties & RespDuties
Responsibilities Manage a department, national account or major business process within the distribution cycle. Make business related decisions involving multiple factors that may be ambiguous in nature. Decisions on matters that have moderate to significant impact on business operations, financial results, and customer/vendor relationships.
Manage and measure logistics processes including; shipping, warehouse, carrier activity, and damaged products claims identifying exceptional or high cost deviations and making procedural decisions outside the scope of established guidelines.
Analyze logistics data, identifying and predicting deviations from process, and making procedural changes to take advantage of increased opportunity for efficiency or correct inefficiencies within the logistics systems
Manage transportation process from factory to customer delivery, focusing on one of the following:
Logistics Operations Including:
- Inbound shipment tracking and delivery from overseas manufacturing to local distribution and warehousing facilities.
- Space management within the warehouse facility.
- Outbound shipping and delivery to customer distribution or retail centers.
- Warehouse information systems management
- Transportation Management:
- Reverse logistics process, managing all return shipments from customers to Samsung hubs, including reconciling claims and invoice discrepancies.
- Carrier Management, negotiation and performance analysis
- Contract negotiations
Will have supervisory responsibility at the level of Selection, Hire, and Performance Management of departmental staff.
Manage departmental operating budget.
Identify departmental MBO’s
Performance Standards (How will duties be measured)
Measured by Department standard KPI for business process to include delivery variance, outstanding claims in dollars, shipping volume, inventory accuracy. MAJOR CONTACTS
- This individual will work closely with many of the Supply Chain Planning teams, Logistics colleagues and customers both inside and outside the company in order to assure the most efficient delivery of products on time in the right quantity in quality condition. Regular, routine contact with external customers to the Vice President Level
- SALS – Operations & Supply Chain Management: This individual will work with Customers, Vendors, Operations and SCM to coordinate changes to our supply chain operations as process improvements are determined. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Provide supervision, job assignment, and performance management to departmental staff. Make final hiring and termination decisions based on recommendations of HR and Vice President.