The Clinical Account Executive (CAE) is a highly motivated professional with at least 3 years of successful clinical experience interfacing directly with large complex clients. This key position acts as manager and coordinator of the clinical relationship with existing clients. The objective of the clinical relationship with the client is to improve the quality of care while controlling or decreasing overall health care costs. This is accomplished by recommending, implementing and evaluating clinical programs and services.
The Clinical Account Executive focuses on a proactive, consultative and comprehensive approach. The position may represent the company at internal and external meetings. The position is a key member of the Clinical Client Services Team and is responsible for the account relationship and ultimate retention of the account and growth of the business. The CAE has exceptional clinical, business and relationship building skills and possesses the ability to apply sound clinical judgment to a variety of situations. Proficiency required in interpreting drug literature and clinical trial evaluation, including proficiency with electronic databases (e.g., Micromedex, Medline, Internet evaluation).
The person in this position will also need to acquire an excellent knowledge of internal operations, as well as an excellent knowledge of the clients’ benefit management philosophy, goals and objectives. Requires a high level of initiative and creativity. Ability to reason and translate clinical information into a manner appropriate for clinical and non-clinical audience’s critical to job success. A knowledge of formulary managed care systems, principles and practices (e.g. DUR and prior authorization) is an advantage. An understanding of the PBM business is required. Emphasis is placed on problem solving skills, including identifying and accepting a challenging situation and creating and implementing a solution. Requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral forms, seek clarification as needed, and build a consensus as required. Requires the proficiency to communicate effectively in a group format and through written materials. Attention to detail is imperative in order to assure projects are clinically, editorially, and systems accurate, and can be operationalized. Must possess the ability to work with cross-functional teams and collaborate effectively. Directs the capability to build consensus among the cross-functional team. It is very important for this position to be able to translate clinical information into process logic, and be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects on an on-going basis.
• Assist with escalated member/Client issue requests
• Manage the clinical relationships with clients
• Attends and leads client meetings and actively participates as necessary
• Develop and implement a clinical plan that meets the goals and objectives of the client and is in alignment with corporate business strategy
• Identifies expansion opportunities, and incorporates into strategic plan
• Analyze client’s financial and utilization data to identify opportunities for improving health care and/or controlling drug and overall health care costs
• Recommend and oversee implementation of select clinical programs
• Effectively communicate client needs and process/product development opportunities to the organization
• Actively participate in developing the clinical strategy for client
• Participate in developing overall client/account strategy
• Consultant on Plan/Benefit design recommendations
• Participate in development and delivery of annual reviews to client
• Establish and maintain client relationships at the appropriate levels, including medical and pharmacy directors, CEO’s, benefit managers and consultants
• Provide Drug information and act as the clinical consultant/expert on the account team
• Support and participate in P & T Committees for select clients
• Consultant for formulary management and administration
• Provide ongoing evaluation of clinical programs and services
• Lead/Facilitate in multi-disciplinary team to discuss the ongoing needs of the clients