Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry. Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Commercial Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.Business Unit/Global Function Description
Ally Bank is a direct bank in the U.S. that offers a straightforward approach to banking with no minimum deposit required to open an account, no monthly maintenance fees and 24/7 live customer service. A subsidiary of Ally Financial Inc., the Bank offers online savings, interest checking, money market accounts, certificates of deposit with terms ranging from three months to five years, and IRA Plans and products. Member FDIC. The Bank was named 'Best Online Bank' 2011, 2012 and 2013, by MONEY® Magazine.Position Description
The Director of the Quality Improvement Program will create and lead cross functional work teams to identify or remediate operational deposit processes that pose have significant real or inherent risk as well as potential for increased efficiency. She will create a process by which those functions can be understood in their current state. Control points will be identified, procedures will be reviewed, customer communications will be assessed, and recommendations for enhancements will be made. The Director of the Quality Improvement Program will work closely with business sponsors to that outputs can be institutionalized to maximize effectiveness, mitigate risk, and improve efficiencies of business/operational processes. Improve future Business Requirements Gathering, Testing Routines, enhanced project work quality, as well as streamline ability to respond to Audits & Risk Assessments. Job Responsibilities
- Lead and train dedicated team of: 2 Process Analysts
- Assemble, Guide and Direct internal teams (i.e. Product, Operations, Call Center, Ecommerce, Marketing, Technology, Risk & Compliance) as well as external vendor partners as needed.
- Define and Obtain Core Team Agreement on each Problem Statements, Deliverables & Approach, Analysis Findings, Alternatives & Recommendations. ,
- Create functional view Process Maps identifying systems used, procedures followed, risk controls in place, customer communications, and known points of pain.
- Validate Process Maps to a 99.9% level of accuracy
- Document Process & Consumer Value Enhancements
- Rationalize opportunities for enhancements against known work in flight
- Create Roles & Responsibilities of Process/ Product owner teams
- Identify Process owners to maintain the integrity of the work, and institutionalize the effort
- Successfully transition Process Maps, Policies & Procedures, and Prioritized Recommendations to Process/Product teams to manage as their own
- Support business partners to integrate process change oversight into governance routines and project management reviews.
Total Rewards InformationWorking at Ally is Rewarding!
- Demonstrated ability to lead large groups of individuals and gather consensus in a highly matrixed organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to facilitate large meetings and communicate with executive audiences
- Experience in proactively developing and managing strategic partnerships with internal and external partners and executive stakeholders
- Skill and experience in Product & Process Design, with a keen sense for Customer and Associate needs
- Skill & experience in managing large complex projects or aspects of large complex projects with significant technology change
- Must be a self starter
- Strategic vision
- Strong critical thinking skills; ability to work with complex concepts
- Must be detail-oriented; Analytical
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Advanced skills with Excel/Access/Visio/Minitab/SharePoint
- Lean Six Sigma (Blackbelt)
- Strong experiences in Consumer Deposits (back office, product management, project management)
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work/life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program and wellness rewards to help you reach your personal health goals
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax health savings, dependent care and commuter transit accounts
- Life and disability benefits
- Other work/life benefits including tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, weight watchers and employee discount programs.
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.