Airgas USA, LLC - Mid America Region, a leading distributor of industrial, medical, & specialty gases & welding supplies, is seeking a motivated individual to become an Counter Sales Associate to join our team in Nashville, TN.
This position will be responsible for inside sales duties. The inside sales position will sell industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding equipment and hardgoods and tools to customers. This person will also respond to inquiries or concerns from either walk-in customers or those customers that call-in, restock store merchandise, stay current on product knowledge and various other duties as needed around the branch. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Sells industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related equipment to customers.
• Solicits sales with existing and potential customers and handles all associated paperwork to document those sales, quotes or other information which may need recording for future reference.
• Arranges for delivery of cylinders and hardgoods and maintains showroom displays.
• Assists customers with merchandise and loading and unloading cylinders.
• Demonstrates use of equipment and advises customers on equipment and materials needed and procedures to follow to complete tasks they wish to perform.
• Establish and maintain good customer relations and answers customer questions.
• Communicate in person and on the telephone with customers, providing information on cost, ordering and delivery times.
• Monitor customers needs and work with them to maintain proper hardgood and cylinder levels to minimize or eliminate emergency deliveries.
• Check accounts receivable status of accounts; talk with the salesman or credit department about past-due accounts and contact customer regarding payment as well as collect money as required.
• Ensure all required paperwork is accurately completed; including coding, costing and pricing.
• Maintain neat, clean and professional personal appearance.
• Coordinate with purchasing department any product shortage or outages.
• Ensure all administrative and accounting related procedures are strictly observed.
• Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
• Additional duties as required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.