Currently seeking a LPN for Part Time / Per Diem evening shifts.
The Licensed Practical Nurse administers skilled nursing care to patients requiring professional nursing service. Each nurse performs nursing services in accordance with the physician’s orders and according to acceptable standards of practice for a Licensed Practical nurse under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Evaluate the patient’s response to treatment and communicates changes to the RN as indicated.
• Adhere to the established care plan, the physician’s plan of treatment under the direction of a RN
• Provide skilled nursing care as outlined in the nursing care plan to include the following:
a. Nursing services, administrations of treatments, medications and procedures requiring the skills of the LPN, under the direction of a RN and as ordered by the physician.
b. Observing signs and symptoms and reporting to a Registered Nurse the patient’s response to treatments, medications and other interventions, as well as changes in the client’s physical or emotional condition.
• The LPN documents the care provided to the patient, any changes noted in the patients condition and/or family and home situation. All changes in the patient’s condition will be reported directly to the Registered Nurse and documented in the clinical notes.
• Demonstrate sound clinical judgment
• Maintain professional boundaries with patients and their families
• Maintain professional demeanor at all times with family members and patients
• Discuss issues, problems or concerns relating to patient care or services with the RN supervisor or Clinical Manager
• Discuss scheduling with the staffing coordinators. Does not discuss scheduling issues directly with patient’s or their families
• Report incidents, accidents or injuries of either employee or patient to the clinical manager or branch director promptly.
• Report changes in the patient’s condition to the RN supervisor or clinical manager
• Contact the RN or clinical manager to discuss recommendations to alter the plan of treatment.
• Prepare and submits all required paperwork at least weekly
• Coordinates with other disciplines, agencies and providers to ensure continuity of care.
• Is responsible for the care and safekeeping of agency property
• Participate in staff meetings
• Continually strives to improve nursing care by broadening knowledge through formal education, attendance at workshops, conferences, active participation in professional and related organizations.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of patients and/or employee information in compliance with HIPAA rules. Maintain compliance with applicable state and federal regulations, company policies/procedures and accreditation standards.
• Other duties as assigned.