Job Req # 411823
Consumer Products/Industrial Manufacturing Company is looking for:
POSITION: Process Engineer
LOCATION: Albany NY Area
SALARY: 85-95K + bonus
EXPERIENCE: 3+ Years Plastic Processing including 3D/2D Software Tool Design
RELOCATION: Assistance Available
TRAVEL: 25%GenericGeneral Summary:
The Process Engineer has the overall responsibility for the manufacturing processes and their control. Establishes medium range objectives for process improvements including cost savings and quality improvements. These responsibilities are to be carried out in a manner which stresses safety, yields quality product, efficiently uses labor and materials and is consistent with company policies, customer service and plant objectives. Works closely with the Quality, Production, and Maintenance departments.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Manage, control, and train on multiple projects around plastics mold design,, tooling, and process implementation
- Develop, control and management of all process Standard Operating Conditions for all products produced at facility.
- Manages Process-Set-Up Technicians to assure plant support, quality, and performance of production lines.
- Responsible for the training and development of the Process Molding Technicians, the process education of the Shift Supervisors.
- Performs major process troubleshooting when beyond the level of the Process Molding Technicians.
- Exercises direct control for the quality of the containers being produced and for the operating effectiveness of all lines.
- Coordinates with the Maintenance Manager, and Operations Manager to develop a preventative maintenance plan that effectively uses both maintenance and molding resources to maintain the equipment as required for the production lines.
- Responsible for the management, maintenance, ordering and inventory of spare parts for all molds associated with the facility.
- Verify and manage the use of all raw materials in the conversion process to finished product.
- Coordinate and perform all resin and color samplings.
- Works with the Quality Manager, on all qualifications of new products, molds, and materials.
- Develops and evaluates process tooling and new mold start-ups, coordinating this activity with the Corporate Engineering Department.
- Coordinate and plan proper resources for line changeovers.
- Develops new methods and equipment improvements to existing line conditions.
- Attends meetings as necessary for operations planning, safety, QA, etc.
- Participate and/or facilitate Continuous Improvement teams for plant improvement.
- May be responsible for special projects related to other functional areas.
Supervises assigned personnel with the overall responsibility for the manufacture of the containers consistent with company policy, customer requirements and plant objectives.Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and Experience
: Engineering degree and/or or at least 3-4 years of plastic processing, or equivalent experience.Language Skills
: Ability to read, write, and speak English. Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, vendors, or customers of the organization.Mathematical Skills:
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions. Understanding of Statistical Process Control and applying the principles of variability control are essential.Computer Skills
: Excellent computer skills are required in Microsoft Office products and Infinity Quality Management software.Reasoning Ability
: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with multi-tasked problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.