Market Conduct Examiner
Risk & Regulatory Consulting
The Market Conduct Examiner will be responsible for managing and performing review of major insurance companies' marketing, underwriting, rating, policyholder service, complaints handling and claims handling processes to verify compliance with state insurance laws.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform risk focused market conduct examinations to determine solvency and compliance with statutes on behalf of state insurance departments.
- Coach and mentor a team of young examination professionals looking to develop a career in the regulatory industry.
- Perform reviews of examination work papers and evaluate insurance companies' operations.
- Ensure the integrity of the regulatory system.
- Assist with the preparation of reports, exhibits, and other supporting schedules that detail a company's compliance with laws and regulations and recommend solutions.
- Submit draft examination reports and other deliverables for supervisory review.
- Recommend/document actions to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, or to protect solvency of the company.
- Provide knowledge and guidance of insurance laws, rules, and regulations.
- Review and analyze new, proposed, or revised laws, regulations, policies, and procedures in order to interpret their meaning and determine impact to the company.
- Analyze reports and records relating to specific and overall operations of insurance companies; prepare and supervise writing of clear, complete, concise, and informative compliance reports of condition of insurance companies and health care organizations.
- Consistently enhance knowledge of: principles, practices, techniques, and methods of accounting and auditing; insurance examination and regulation; insurance laws and Insurance Commissioner's rulings; and related Attorney General Opinions and court decisions; insurance company practices; statistical sampling procedures; basic actuarial mathematics; principles and practice of effective supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or professional certification/s preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years experience as an internal auditor, compliance professional or examiner with a public accounting firm or as an internal or external auditor or examiner of insurance companies or State or Federal agencies.
- Insurance industry experience is a must.
- Candidates must have completed or are pursuing professional insurance designations such as AIE/CIE, MCM, AIRC, FLMI, CPCU, or CLU.
- PC skills, including experience in using software for producing presentations, spreadsheets, and project planning (skilled in TeamMate, ACL/Access, and MS Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Demonstrated history of project management experience
- Ability to interact with all levels including executives and senior managers
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, analytical and examination/audit skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments using effective time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Dynamic/flexible demeanor with exceptional client service skills
- Forward-thinking leader with a collaborative focus who can consult effectively with key constituents and become recognized as a valued resource
- Must be self-motivated, work well independently and possess a sense of urgency
- Skilled in team building and team development
- Flexibility to travel up to 75%
-**When applying please add your resume as an attachment!***
RRC was formerly a business segment of McGladrey until 2012 when the separate legal entity was formed. RRC is a strategic business partner with McGladrey providing actuarial and insurance industry consulting services to McGladrey clients.
Risk & Regulatory Consulting, LLC (RRC) is a national, leading professional services firm dedicated to providing exceptional regulatory services to clients. With over 70 experienced insurance professionals located in 22 states, we believe RRC is uniquely positioned to serve state insurance departments. We offer services in the following regulatory areas: financial examinations, market conduct examinations, insolvency and receiverships, actuarial services and valuations, investment analysis, reinsurance expertise, market analysis and compliance, and special projects. We are a results oriented firm committed to success that builds long term relationships with our clients.
RRC is managed by six partners and our practice includes full time professionals dedicated to our regulatory clients. We are focused on listening to your needs and designing customized examination, consulting, and training solutions that address your needs. We bring multiple service lines together to provide superior and seamless service to our clients. We are committed to training our customers and our team. We have developed various comprehensive in house training programs that have been tailored to meet the needs of our regulatory clients. We offer competitive pricing, outstanding experience, credentials and references. RRC is an active participant in the NAIC, SOFE, and IRES. You’re one of a kind. So is McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood. ™
McGladrey is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.Location Street Address
: 200 South Wacker Drive, Ste 3950City
: RRC / Public SectorPosition Type
: Full TimeJob Type
: ExperiencedDegree Required
: BachelorTravel Required
: NoSponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: