To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
1. MD Degree required and residency training with board certification in a primary care specialty strongly preferred.
2. Specialized training in medical quality and utilization management and/or public health desirable.
3. Must be licensed as a physician in good standing in current state of residence, without restriction.
4. Must be able to obtain Illinois State Licensure within an agreed upon time frame after employment within 6 months.
5. Advanced business training, such as an MBA or MHA is desirable.
6. Recent medical quality management and utilization management experience.
7. Recent administrative responsibility for operational and financial aspects of a multi-physician clinical practice, health plan utilization or quality department, or hospital department.
8. Experience in health program design.
9. Minimum 5 years practice experience in a primary care setting, preferably with both clinical and paid administrative components.
List any Specific Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
1. Demonstrate excellent communications skills, including the ability to influence others in a positive and collegial way.
2. Possess excellent written and oral presentation skills, with ability to concisely explain complex issues in an understandable and persuasive manner.
3. Must be a team player with a collaborative and flexible personality. Must be willing to work and collaborate with others, both internal and external to the organization, in order to develop understanding and consensus on complex issues. Must be comfortable working collaboratively with other team members with varying levels of education and background.
4. Must possess excellent listening skills.
5. Must possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills and a strong attention to detail.
6. Ability to follow-through on commitments and 'get things done.'
7. Must be able to recommend practical solutions to complex issues and work as a team member to accomplish the plan's goals.
8. Demonstrated application of principles and concepts of managed care.
9. Knowledge and experience with clinical integration and outcomes measurement.
Presence Health is the largest health system based in Illinois, created in November 2011 through the merger of Provena Health and Resurrection Health Care. With over 150 locations, from physician offices and convenient outpatient centers to quality hospitals and senior living communities, were in communities big and small. Visit presencehealth.org to learn more.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability