The Administrative Assistant will provide a variety of administrative and secretarial services to assist in the professional and effective operation of the department. The Administrative Assistant will assist with general office duties to support the functions of the department including, but not limited to handling phone calls, typing and distributing correspondence, scheduling meetings and locations, coordinating audio visual requests, recording and processing minutes, sorting and prioritizing mail, filing, data entry, and ordering office supplies.
1. High School Graduate or equivalent required.
2. Associate degree or graduate of secretarial/business school preferred.
1. Three - five years recent Administrative Assistant experience required.
2. Experience in confidential environment preferred.
3. Excellent secretarial and organization skills
4. Medical Terminology may be required for some positions
5. Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Software, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
6. Proven ability to use advanced components of PC, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Windows applications, Data management systems.
7. Excellent typing and grammar skills; familiarity with business correspondence formats; ability to communicate effectively with physicians, administration, employees and vendors.
8. Ability to type a minimum of 60wpm required.
9. Careful attention to detail; accurate proofreading skills mandatory.
10. Ability to manage projects independently, think creatively, problem-solve; willingness to help achieve team goals.
This person will be working approximately two 8 hour days a week, filling in for vacations and sick time as well. Will assist with phone calls, i.e. scheduling, filing, and possibly registration in the future.
Entity Paoli Hospital
Department Sleep Study
Salary Grade 205