Individual in this role will handle reconciliation of assigned bank accounts matching banking activity to reported transactions such as office cash deposits, credit card payments, etc. This will include conducting research, identifying discrepancies, and communicating with store staff/management, external banking and vendor partners to resolve issues. Other responsibilities may include running and reviewing reports, other reconciliation activities, deposit handling and other basic treasury accounting activities.
• Reconciliation of sales office customer payments records and associated daily cash bank deposits record to bank account activities.
• Reconciliation of other payment/funds deposit activities such as credit card payments, Premium Finance checks, etc.
• Identification of reconciliation discrepancies, researching to trace errors and taking needed actions required to correct discrepancies.
• Daily communication with store staff/management and external vendor/banking partners regarding discrepancies, other issues and required steps for resolution.
• Identify issues with payment transactions within the system causing customer policy /payment history to not update correctly.
• Report and explain untimely deposits and/or deposit errors.
• Prepare special deposits (petty cash, other) including scanning check items.
• Review and reconcile disbursement check items including all NSF items.
• Handle stop payment requests from claims.
• Perform monthly journal entries for special deposits and auto claims salvage /subrogation activity.
• Perform other duties as assigned.