KwajaleinCareer Level :
Experienced (Non-Manager)Education :
High School or equivalent# of Openings :
2Closing Date :
Chugach is a Teaming Subcontractor to Kwajalein Range Services (KRS), LLC in support of the United States Army Kwajalein Atoll (USAKA) Reagan Test Site (RTS) Logistics Support and Integrated Range Engineering Support Services contract. Who we are and what we do...
Chugach Alaska Corporation and Subsidiaries
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits. Chugach
is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of government and private industries through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. Chugach also provides complete project services to our clients, including design and construction of commercial and government facilities.
The Chugach family of companies consists of several subsidiaries and joint ventures that offer our clients professional assistance which combines high-quality base operations and maintenance services with state-of-the-art management services. Chugach's success is based on an integrated management strategy, fostered by the vision of the Board and fueled by the commitment of our exceptionally skilled employees - who remain diligently focused on customer satisfaction. EEO/AA Employer. Native Preference Applies Pursuant PL93-638 SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB
The incumbent is responsible for the repair, service and maintain forklifts and light duty vehicles. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & JOB FUNCTIONS
• Shop floor lead responsible for ensuring employees are working safely and remaining actively engaged in assigned tasks.
• Performs technical on the job training to ensure mechanics have sufficient knowledge to perform routine tasks.
• Works closely with Shop Supervisor to ensure smooth and efficient work flow through the shops.
• Troubleshoots diagnoses and repairs various hydraulic systems, electrical systems, A/C systems, diesel and gasoline engines and fuel systems, brake systems and electronic control systems.
• Performs preventive and routine maintenance on equipment and vehicles assigned to the Truck Shop.
• Maintains records to reflect accomplished and pending work.
• Follows all safety standards and complies with security regulations.
• Maintains good working relations with fellow workers and customers.
• Reads and interprets various technical publications as required to perform repairs.
• Maintains tools and equipment in good working order.
• Assists in instructing others to become more knowledgeable and skillful in the work.
• Support and promote productivity and efficiency, cost awareness and methods of improvement.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
• Knowledge of repairing, servicing and maintaining forklifts and light duty vehicles.
• Ability to read and interpret various technical publications as required performing repairs.
• Ability to use logic for troubleshooting and repair of vehicles/equipment.