As an Infrastructure Engineer Senior and a member of PNC's Information Technology organization, you will be part of a diversified financial services firm that reflects the needs, values and goals of our customers, employees, communities and shareholders. You will be instrumental in helping to maintain PNC's reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations. Your area is responsible for performing engineering of all PNC technology hardware and software infrastructure layers, including desktop, servers, storage, data and voice network, and security.
You may be seated in Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH, or Cincinnati, OH
As an integral part of this dynamic and progressive team, you will perform more complicated engineering activities, aligning PNC solutions with the company's business objectives for value-added results. This position combines both autonomy and team and manager support as you work with various service partners from PNC's Lines of Business to help develop and test systems for user acceptance of engineering deliverables. You will also provide operational and technical support for routine and non-complex system operational functions for the infrastructure domains supported.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated technical proficiency in, but not limited to:
- Application Deliver Controllers / planning and support
- Troubleshooting DNS & DHCP in a complex environment
- Data network installations / planning and support
- Protocol Analysis including Layer Four thru Seven
- Network Management disciplines.
Proficiency in the following areas:
- F5 Networks LTM and GTM appliances
- Bind and DNS Appliances preferably BlueCat Networks
- Cisco Routers, Switches, and CSS
- Linux Operating Systems
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of education
- 4 to 7 years of related experience. Experience designing and / or supporting Application Delivery networks is preferred.
- Possess an advanced and thorough understanding of IT concepts including network structures, operating system capabilities and application architecture requirements.
- Strong and thorough understanding of core infrastructure technologies required by the enterprise that will be supported.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Goal and / or project driven is preferred.
- Results oriented preferred.