If your idea of fun is balancing a budget . . . then you could be our next Accountant at the Manitowoc Company*.
As an Accountant, you’ll work and correspond with multiple domestic and international business partners. In this role, you will also work closely with several finance departments such as accounting, consolidations, and treasury. You will assist in accounting and reporting the financial position of the company along with analyzing, understanding and providing proactive feedback and recommendations to management regarding the financial results of the Company and its individual business units and/or regions. Reporting directly to Assistant Corporate Controller, this position is based in Manitowoc, WI.
If you’re up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of – a future filled with passion, pride, and satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for the corporate offshore and securitization entities general ledgers including month end close duties and annual plan and re-estimate budgeting forecasts, as well as working closely with the Tax department to reconcile any statutory book differences.
• Complete corporate month end close duties including journal entries and account reconciliations for various accounts, and corporate FDM mapping table maintenance
• Assist Consolidation department with maintaining accurate data within the Corporate consolidated accounting system, this would include adding historical information, and correcting investment activity
• Analyzing corporate expenses including comparisons to forecasted results and trended results, and correspond with department managers as needed.
• Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules on the FAS Software System; provide monthly detail to the Corporate Senior Accountant for general ledger entries; assure proper recording of new purchases and disposals
• Manage and maintain the Fixed Asset process and system and provide training to the business units when necessary. As well as maintain the relationship with the software vendor (SAGE)
• Interact with external auditors regarding quarterly and year end inquiries related to accruals, expenses, and other accounting matters.
• Other internal and external reporting, as assigned.