United Stationers is a pure wholesale distributor of a broad range of business products including office, janitorial, break room and industrial supplies. We win from the middle of the supply chain by enabling the success of our suppliers, our reseller customers, our associates, and the communities we serve. By stocking a broad range of products across key market channels, and by offering sophisticated logistical capabilities and innovative value-added services, we enable our resellers to respond efficiently to the demand for business products from millions of consumers. By giving our suppliers logistical excellence and broad market reach, we enable their success.
Join United Stationers, a Fortune 500 company, and you'll enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that uniquely meets the needs of you and your family.
United Stationers is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Primary Purpose
This position is responsible for project execution at the local/tactical level within a Shared Services environment as well as deploying day-to-day logistics solutions that support company growth initiatives that meet or exceed organizational goals. This position is responsible for optimizing supply chain network across business units and leveraging fixed assets by converting inbound suppliers in order to collect and generate third party revenue. Major Responsibilities
• Carrier/Fleet Network Management: Provides RFP support (subject matter expert, components), fleet utilization and optimization, carrier compliance, claims, equipment management, resource allocation, daily use of Fleet Management System (FMS) /Transportation Management System (TMS), tracking metrics/KPIs, utilizing routing tool, execution of area/region contingency plans, creation of ad hoc contingency plans, ADOT/Warehouse Transfer, interdivisional shuttle network, LDPs, linehauls (identification of opportunities and execution), inbound logistics, customer service calls, rectifying service failures, and serves as first line of defense (solves problems and takes ownership).
• Safety/Security/Compliance: Ensures Sarbanes-Oxley compliance; ensures that DOT requirements are adhered to, handles escalated issues, and safeguards against hazardous materials. Identifies and resolves daily issues at a first level, such as hazardous material and accident investigation. Performs safety reporting.
• Customer Interaction (External): Responsible for last mile execution (delivery and related services to customer), related system use, consultative services, sales presentations (to local market), procurement interaction, and daily distribution of product to the customer.
• Tactical Execution of Key Initiatives: Leads key projects and high performance teams at a local or area level. Drives change within team, performs analytics, project management, and identifes and executes business/supply chain opportunities at a local level
• P&L Responsibility: Has accountability for local P&L. Develops and manages local budget and related financial modeling. Researches profitability/cost to serve at a local level. Partners with A/P on invoices, bills, etc., and assists with variance analysis and reporting.
• Business Partner/Local Business Team member: Serving as subject matter expert, designs and implements customer logistics solutions for multiple facilities/BUs; conducts monthly/quarterly business or other reviews.
• Serves as Safety Champion within the facility striving for best in class status while meeting or exceeding safety performance metrics.
• Responds to marketplace developments, trends, opportunities or threats and develops collaborative action plans to proactively address key customer initiatives.
• Manages people, processes, budgets, performance management, compliance activities, and associate development as required by the job.
• Understands and demonstrates United Stationers' Core Values.
• Performs other duties as assigned. Skills/Knowledge Required
• Strong leadership, communication, and change management skills.
• Functional knowledge of all modes of transportation including fleet (private and 3PL), parcel, LTL, TL, courier / mid market, etc.
• Critical thinking, organization, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate and persuade at management level.
• In depth knowledge of transportation and supply chain software: TMS, ERP, FMS systems.
• Ability to review and interpret financial models as they relate to budgets and strategic planning.
• Solid understanding of regulatory issues (DOT compliance, hazmat, etc.).
• Capability to influence decision-making and instill credibility in customers, peers, and subordinates through meeting strategic and tactical objectives, deadlines, and budgets.
• Proven ability to bring efficiency and scale to a multi-site, multi-business unit environment.
• Metrics/KPIs: Cost as percent of sales; WOW - dollar vs. percent; cost factor, economic profit, service levels; freight revenue; asset utility; strategic initiative goal attainment; core metrics/BU metrics; consumption rate; lift in sales (indirect); margin; true cost of sale/concessions/credits, customer freight recovery; value creation across the supply chain. Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in logistics, transportation, supply chain, or related field.
• Certified Transportation Professional Certification (CTP) certification preferred.
• Minimum three (3) years managing transportation, inbound logistics, warehousing; procurement, small package/parcel required.