BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
To lead the activities of a work team in a participative management manufacturing environment, effect favorable production costs through personally directed projects and provide peer leadership for the accomplishment of common business goals.
• Provide direction, leadership, and supervision to production teams.
• Participate in strategic planning and resource management to assure optimum utilization of those resources in order to meet or exceed plant, team, individual and business objectives.
• Develop and lead Lean initiatives. Sustain 5s efforts in the area of responsibility.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the processing and packaging areas in order to identify improvement opportunities.
• Integrate business objectives with team activities.
• Assure uninterrupted processing, packaging, and shipment of high quality products at the lowest possible cost consistent with the principles of supply chain management.
• Facilitate continuous improvement activities thru problem solving driven by data analysis. Develop and implement work plans to achieve results. Act as a catalyst for positive change.
• Coordinate group efforts to exceed customer expectations.
• Assist in the establishment, implementation and adoption of operating policies and philosophies pertaining to the Topeka System.
• Develop self regulating work groups that are accountable and responsible both as individuals and teams.
• Coach for optimal performance. Accurately appraise strengths and weaknesses, provide constructive feedback, reinforce individual and team performance. Leverage diversity and develop collaborative relationships.
• Provide or procure training to accomplish overall objectives.
• Manage human resource systems and policies.
• BS/BA degree required.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a Manufacturing environment.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills.
• Strong leadership and coaching skills.
• Budgetary planning skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead work teams and develop work plans.
• Above average facilitation skills.
• Excellent communication and motivational skills.
• Strong technical ability
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and Pension Plan
Del Monte Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTFOODS.COM
TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/)
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors. Additional Information:
Big Heart Pet Brands is a producer, distributor and marketer of premium quality, branded pet products for the U.S. retail market, generating approximately $2.0 billion in net sales in fiscal 2013.Our brands include Meow Mix®, Kibbles 'n Bits®, Milk-Bone®, 9Lives®, Natural Balance®, Pup-Peroni®, Gravy Train®, Nature’s Recipe®, Canine Carry Outs®, Milo’s Kitchen®, and other brand names.Big Heart Pet Brands also produces and distributes private label pet products. Shift: Relocation Eligible: