Excellent opportunity to join a growth oriented company in a growing industry!
Grow your engineering proficiencies and make value-added contributions in a team dynamic team environment as a Capital Project Engineer
at Koch Fertilizer, LLC in Wichita, Kansas.
The successful candidate will be a part of a project management team for capital asset projects ranging from $1-500 million in size. Working at the direction of the project manager, the Capital Project Engineer will prepare project conceptual development, front end engineering, detailed design and construction, and continue through post start up project analysis. The Capital Project Engineer will develop packages for engineering, procurement, and construction, and develop schedules and cost control packages. In addition, the individual may independently execute smaller projects and sustain capital work. They will be accountable to execute all of the above and to ensure the project is performed safely and in full compliance with all laws, and that it meets defined objectives for production, cost and schedule performance.
Koch Fertilizer, LLC and its subsidiaries own or have interests in nitrogen fertilizer plants in the United States, Canada, and Trinidad and Tobago. The companies cover global demand through terminals in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, France and the United Kingdom. Koch Fertilizer, LLC and its subsidiaries; including Koch Nitrogen Company, LLC and Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC; have the capability to market and distribute more than 12 million metric tons of fertilizer products annually. Requirements:
- 3+ years’ experience in the process industry in engineering or technical roles relating to process equipment design and/or maintenance or operation
- Knowledge of typical process industry standards and codes and design practices
- Ability to work in a “matrixed” leadership capacity with other corporate and facility operations personnel
- Good communication skills
- Able to identify root project opportunities and work independently to achieve goals
- BS in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Must be able to enter plant operating sites to access and inspect equipment. Inspections will include utilizing ladders and platforms in excess of 100 feet, entering confined spaces and be capable of utilizing all required personal protective equipment.
- Experience in projects engineering
- Experience in fertilizer industry
- Operating and maintenance experience
- Construction management experience
- Management of programs from a corporate level
- Experience with project economic analysis
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.