This position will be assessed based on achievement of the following elements of performance:
(1) Attainment of goals/standards for this position
(2) Dependability (Appropriate use of time and resources, attendance, promptness, funds or asset use)
(3) Customer service
(4) Keeping organized by completing work efficiently and able to present work in a professional manner.
(5) Meeting time tables
(6) Able to be flexible and change.
Note: Other additional elements of performance will impact this position and will be provided by the Loss Control Manager.
Required Education and/or Experience
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, Occupational Health & Safety, or one of the Applied Sciences.
Must have either a ALCM or OSHT or ARM or ASP or CSP or other similar Safety Designation;
A minimum of seven years in the insurance industry providing loss control services;
Knowledge of insurance coverage
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
(1) Ability to effectively orally communicate or present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, agents, and other employees of the organization.
(2) Ability to project a warm and friendly manner in all business contacts and maintain a professional relationship with fellow workers, agency contacts, and the public.
(3) Proficient in computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
(4) Effective communicator, oral and written.
(5) Using Microsoft Word and Excel.
(6) Team Player
(7) Good organization skills with the ability to prioritize their workload
Functions generally performed in the field. Will be part of a branch office team and required meeting with the underwriters at the branch to provide consultative services as need and to build a quality customer relationship. Must be able to work as a team member to solve problems and exchange information. External and internal contact will exist with agents, underwriters, USIG management, claims representatives, loss control consultant, vendors and policyholders. Minimum overnight travel.
Employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. Requires regular keyboarding.
This job description may not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by the Loss Control Manager to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.