Rivers Bend Retirement Community is a not for profit Continuing Care Retirement Community located in Kuttawa, KY. RBRC provides a variety of long term care supports from skilled nursing, personal care, assisted living to independent living. RBRC is now looking for Nurses to join our team.
Job Description: Licensed Practical Nurse (Staff Nurse) or Registered Nurse
Position Summary: A licensed health care professional to provide clinical and administrative support under the supervision of a physician or Registered Nurse. The LPN is accountable for the delivery of patient care utilizing nursing processes within corporate standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Responsible to: This position works under the direction of the Director of Nursing.
Essential Duties: The following are the essential functions of this position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without a requested reasonable accommodation:
1. Assist with patient care, examinations, and treatments.
2. Document patient care observations and activities according to professional standards and procedures.
3. Thoroughly educates and explains procedures to patients and family members and provide support.
4. Assists in emergency situations under the direction of the physician.
5. Maintains confidentiality regarding patient care and business functions related to the job.
6. Provides clinical telephone communication as defined by protocol or physician instructions.
7. Perform basic medical procedures to be performed under the supervision of a physician, e.g. enteral feedings, dressing changes, injections, immunizations, medication administration.
8. Administer medications according to Federal and State standards, policies, procedures, and/or guidelines.
9. Assist physician in preparation of patient procedures.
10. Maintain a clean, well stocked nursing area, observing asepsis techniques and all other federal mandates, i.e. OSHA, CLIA, etc.
11. Keeps all inventory records, logs, and maintains required records for CLIA including specimen, maintenance daily, weekly, monthly logs.
12. Obtain specimens using proper technique and following policy and procedure for labeling.
13. Attends required in-service trainings (CPR, Safety, Infection Control)
14. Aids in identifying methods of improving patient care.
15. Maintains continuing education units
16. Demonstrates a positive customer service attitude/behavior.
17. Provide supervisory support to nurse aides.
18. Maintain knowledge and skills within clinical practice.
19. Completes all other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
1. Work requires frequent walking through the various facilities to and from other departments.
2. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours.
3. Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
4. Is subject to frequent interruptions
5. Works in well-lighted/ventilated office areas of the facility.
6. Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, etc.
7. Speaking and hearing when receiving instructions and conversing with others
8. Is willing to work beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.