McGladrey is looking for a Senior Associate to join our Assurance group.
As part of the audit team, the Senior Associate will be responsible for:
- Providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Preparing all necessary financial statement and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Developing an understanding of client's business, and becoming a 'functional expert' in the area. Keeping lines of communication open with staff and clients.
- Supervising engagement team as needed.
- Monitoring and reporting regarding the productivity of staff, and adherence to work plan schedules on each assignment.
- Staying abreast of latest developments and ensuring professional development through ongoing education.
- Anticipating and addressing client concerns and escalating problems as they arise.
- Recognizing and informing senior management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or closely related field.
- 2 or more years public accounting experience as an audit professional.
- CPA or demonstrated progress toward obtaining CPA certification with a minimum of two exam sections passed
- 1 or more years 'in-charging' audit engagements
- Understanding of audit services with knowledge of FASB, GAAS, and GAAP.