Control Techniques, a business unit of Emerson Industrial Automation, is currently seeking an OEM Sales Manager in Chicago, Illinois. PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Generate new orders for the Company's products and services to meet booking goals for OEM accounts served by this position.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1) Conduct daily sales appointments to existing and prospective OEM customers to promote and sell CT’s product and service offerings.
2) Develop and maintain an annual sales plan for assigned OEM accounts that meets or exceeds his/her orders plan and grows market share within their assigned accounts. NEW business development of target accounts is a key activity.
3) Manage assigned OEM accounts for year-on-year sales growth. Build strong relationships to leverage/maximize the Company’s product and service content.
4) Keep current on all Control Techniques (CT) products from a technical, application, pricing and selling benefits standpoint.
5) Prepare monthly sales forecast and target account pipeline updates for assigned OEM accounts within the CRM system.
6) Generate and present to customers, written quotations and proposals for the Company’s products and services following current pricing and sales policies.
7) Be able to demonstrate CT standard demo equipment and train customers in applications, features and benefits of products and how they compare to competitive products.
8) Follow up on all assigned leads and enter the results in the company’s CRM system. Aggressively pursue the most promising opportunities.
9) Support directly assigned distributor accounts with joint sales calls and training commensurate with the business volume/potential of the distributor.
10) Document in the Company’s CRM system, and to manager and/or appropriate CT personnel, all customer appointments.
11) Learn and follow current CT Sales processes and sales policies.
12) Join and remain in good standing as a member of a professional organization that represents a significant industry that the Company serves. Job Requirements EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Four year technical engineering degree, BSEE, BSEET, BSME, BSMET required or equivalent job experience.
• A minimum of three years selling and applying industrial automation products to OEM’s (Experience selling drives and/or motion control products highly preferred)
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office software and have basic computer proficiency skills.
Additional Company Information
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age marital status, political affiliation or sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or protected Veteran status.