Additional Job Information
Title: Physical Therapist I
City, State: Baltimore, MD
Location: St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD
Department: Physical Therapy 001
Shift: PRN Days
At Saint Agnes Hospital, one of Baltimore’s most respected and admired teaching hospitals, you will find a team that strikes an incredible balance between extraordinary patient care and unrivaled compassion. Saint Agnes Hospital offers you the opportunity to be a part of something truly amazing: a healing ministry on care’s cutting edge. We offer a full range of health care services and are proud that the doctors, nurses and health care professionals on our staff are the best in the industry.
Come join our energetic team of diverse rehabilitation professionals at Saint Agnes Hospital, a 325 bed acute care community hospital. Our team is committed to service excellence and amazing teamwork in collaboration with the whole multidisciplinary team. We promote continuing education within and outside of our hospital and feel the environment is dynamic in growth and knowledge. In addition to serving our general medical population and being active members of our certified Stroke team, we enjoy the variety of treating the patients in our specialty Centers of Excellence: Cancer, Cardiovascular, Orthopedic and Spine, Maryland Metabolic, Women’s and Children’s Health, and Plastic and Reconstructive Institutes.
The Physical Therapist evaluates and conducts medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition.
- Establishes, revises and evaluates a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Oversees activities of physical therapy assistants, students and other support personnel.
Education & Experience:
- One year experience in physical therapy at date of hire.
- One year experience in acute care and/or outpatient rehabilitation practice as a Physical Therapist required.
- Experience in all programmatic areas of SAH Rehabilitation Department practice at date of hire preferred.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in physical therapy from a four year college or university at date of hire required.
- Advanced continuing education training in one or more areas of clinical expertise at date of hire preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Current CPR certification from the American Heart Association (Healthcare Provider card) (BCLS or BLS) or the American Red Cross (CPR-AED for Healthcare Provider card) at date of hire required.
- Current licensure as a physical therapist in the state of Maryland at date of hire required.
Welcome to the Careers Home Page. On-line applications must be submitted for employment consideration.
CURRENT SAINT AGNES HOSPITAL ASSOCIATES SHOULD NOT APPLY USING THE APPLICATION FORM LINKED ON THIS PAGE. THIS APPLICATION FORM IS ONLY FOR NON-ASSOCIATES. PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE ASSOCIATE HEALTH PORTAL.
Associate job applications/transfer requests must be completed through the Associate Health Portal in order to be processed.
To apply for this job, please go and log-in to
http://portal.ascensionhealth.org and proceed to the Associate Self Service section. Click on the Job Opportunities link and search for your next career.
External Applicants please click the ''Apply Now'' button.
If you encounter any problems or have questions about using the Associate Health Portal, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-562-2824 for assistance.
If you have a disability and/or require assistance completing the online application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-JOBATAH (1-855-562-2824)
PLEASE NOTE: there may be compatibility issues with certain mobile devices, such as Smart Phones and Apple Products. For improved usability, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Windows Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to improve our system compatibility with mobile devices.
Windows 8 or Internet Explorer 10: For applicants accessing our Career Website through Windows 8 or Internet Explorer 10, please update your Compatibility View by taking the following steps:
1.Locate the Compatibility View button that appears next to the Address bar. (If you do not see the button, there is no need to turn on Compatibility View).
2.Click the Compatibility View button to display the site in Compatibility View.
Once you turn on Compatibility View, Internet Explorer will automatically show this site in compatibility View each time you visit. You can turn if off by clicking the Compatibility View button.
For questions or more information, please call the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-562-2824.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.