• Communication and Influence: Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey
information that may be somewhat complex and/or to others who may have limited knowledge of
the subject in question. Position may require basic negotiation and influence, cooperation, tact and
• Analytical Thinking: The ability to systematically gather information from a variety of resources.
Analyze information, identify implications of data and draw appropriate conclusions. Generate
viable, alternative solutions to a question or problem and evaluate the consequences of choosing
• Interpersonal Relations: The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, positive
working relationships with all levels of staff, customers and vendors.
• Diversity Awareness: The ability and willingness to be aware of, understand, respect, and value
the diverse culture, ethnic, gender, age, education, professional, backgrounds and styles of others
and to adapt ones own behavior based on that understanding.
• Customer Focus: The ability and willingness to provide excellent service to external/internal
customers. This includes seeking to meet customer needs, expectations and demands quickly and
effectively while remaining calm and professional. Reviewing external/internal customer
complaints and taking action to reconcile the situation while treating the customer as valuable and
instilling the same in their Team.
• Drive and Dependability: The ability and willingness to demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm,
optimism and passion when working. This includes demonstrating commitment, persistence and
heightens personal effort in the face of obstacles and adversity. Pursuing excellence for self and
organization, having a sense of urgency, possessing ambition and inspiring others.
• Stress Tolerance and Flexibility: The ability to work productively and effectively in a fast paced,
stressful, demanding and/or ambiguous environment.
• Delegating and Directing: The ability and willingness to delegate the authority to complete work
activities, giving clear direction to assigned tasks while monitoring performance against a
predetermined deadline to ensure quality and timely completion of assignments.
• Planning: The ability to set priorities, plan and coordinate work activities. This may include
developing plans with long-range horizons based upon a sound knowledge of Harbor Freight
• Team Building: The ability to motivate and guide others to work hard by building a sense of
teamwork and commitment. This includes clearly communicating and reinforcing aims and goals
of team, unity, cooperation and excellence.
• Communication: The ability to speak clearly and politely to management, associates and
customers when conveying information. Always using correct grammar when speaking and never
using slang terms while targeting the amount, style and content of the information to the needs of
Supervisor provides general direction. Customer Experience Manager independently determines and
develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed periodically (typically at major points in the assignment)
and once complete to ensure objectives have been met.
Has direct responsibility of customer contact and manages the daily operations of a store through direct
supervision of non-exempt/hourly associates.
Impact of Customer Experience Manager Decision:
Decisions are moderate in nature, influencing project schedules, operations or customer satisfaction. Errors
are detected and corrected with relatively minor financial impact or effect on projects, operations or
customer relationships. May require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
Scope of Impact:
Decisions affect own work and the work of others within the department, unit and/or project.
• Legal Age: 18 years old
• Education or Equivalent Experience: Technical, Trade, Vocational Degree or 2 years Management
or Functional Experience
• Supervisor/Managerial Experience: 2 years
• Function Specific Experience: 2 years
• Certification Requirements: May require a valid State drivers license and/or Fork Lift Certification
Work is performed in an area that is adequately lighted and ventilated.
Specific physical characteristics and abilities are required to perform duties such as above-average agility
and dexterity and long periods of walking, standing, bending or carrying moderately heavy items.