Qualifications & Responsibilities
The Director of Pricing & Profit Analysis plays a key role in achieving the growth goals of the business by partnering with a cross funtional team providing strategic recommendations to win multiyear loyalty driven relationships with new clients and to maximize the growth of exisiting client programs to ultimately drive mutually profitable credit programs.
This role requires well developed skill sets in both business knowledge and leadership capabilities. It requires a creative vision to guide deal structures that reflect the ever changing landscape of the credit industry and contribute to the top line growth of potential and current clients. Proposals must be developed with the client and customer interests front and center, while maintaining value add pricing disipline for our industry leading loyalty focused approach to credit products. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to represent what differentiates the Alliance Data solution from our competition to executive level leadership both internally and externally through a clear understanding of the prospect’s industry.
This role is also directly responsible for guiding a team of managers and/or senior managers in developing strong business relationships with the Executive team, as well as Client Sales, Legal, Business Insights, Retail Sales, and FP&A.
1. Oversee the creation of deal structures, proposals and contracts, as well as the preparation for and presentation in the NBR (New Business Review) meetings. Provide recommendations for both the financial model analysis as well as what will be a winning proposal. Interact with clients/prospects as needed.
2. Provide guidance and strategic direction on projects that may require cross functional teams to collaboratively work towards the company’s vision of growth, business development and profit enhancement. Actively drive conversation to identify opportunities and creative innovative solutions.
3. Lead/develop a team of analysts, managers, and/or senior managers. Communicates and executes a strategic direction for the team. Supervise, train, evaluate and provide feedback on the performance of direct reports. Accountable for the quality and statistical validity of team analyses and presentations.
4. Ensure accountability for the proper communication and documentation through all stages of the new business development or renewal process.
Education Requirements: MBA or Master’s degree in Finance, Business or other related or equivalent industry experience
Work Experience: Significant experience working in the financial areas of the credit card or financial producsts industry. Understanding credit business functions and profitability (P&L) drivers of a credit card program. Interaction with Sales/Client-facing functions. Experience leading financial professionals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• The business functions and profitability drivers of a credit card program
• A working knowledge of database analysis (including SQL) is desired, but not required
• Knowledge of macro economics and general business acumen
• General pricing concepts
• Customer focused
• Ability to analyze trends and make/support recommendations
• Organizational skills
• Strategic thinking skills
• Strong team leadership and consensus building
• Read ,comprehend, and contribute complex concepts within legal contracts
• Advanced Microsoft office
• Ability to build and cultivate internal and external client relationships
• Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to comprehend the relationship between historical trends and forecasted performance in order to make sound business decisions
• Promote complex economic solutions to internal clients while appreciating differing departmental goals
• Technical writing , negotiating, presenting to/with all levels of management
Ability to confidently present an idea while also being open to other points of viewQualificationsRetail Pay Statement
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
Retail Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of credit and background checks.
Let's face it; it's a brand loyal world we're living in, which is why Alliance Data Retail Services offers integrated private label and co-brand credit card programs enhanced by integrated marketing services. We manage over 90 credit programs for America's most recognized retailers, helping them sell more and improve customer loyalty.
About Alliance Data
Alliance Data® (NYSE: ADS) and its combined businesses is North America’s largest and most comprehensive provider of transaction-based, data-driven marketing and loyalty solutions serving large, consumer-based industries. The Company creates and deploys customized solutions, enhancing the critical customer marketing experience; the result is measurably changing consumer behavior while driving business growth and profitability for some of today’s most recognizable brands. Alliance Data helps its clients create and increase customer loyalty through solutions that engage millions of customers each day across multiple touch points using traditional, digital, mobile and other emerging technologies. Headquartered in Dallas, Alliance Data and its three businesses employ approximately 11,000 associates at more than 70 locations worldwide.
Alliance Data consists of three businesses: Alliance Data Retail Services, a leading provider of marketing-driven credit solutions; Epsilon®, a leading provider of multichannel, data-driven technologies and marketing services; and LoyaltyOne®, which owns and operates the AIR MILES® Reward Program, Canada’s premier coalition loyalty program. For more information about the company, visit our web site, http://www.alliancedata.com/, or follow us on Twitter via @AllianceData.Location:
Columbus, OH, USJob:
Alliance Data - RetailSchedule: