• Executes procedures, such as identifying audit risks, obtaining an understanding of routine data processes, testing controls, and performing substantive procedures.
• Stays abreast of general business and economic developments. Gains an understanding of healthcare industry, particularly the risks involved with the areas of the audit personally completed.
• Analyzes evidence, reaches conclusions, and drafts proposed process changes.
• Identifies issues and proposes strategies for less complex issues related to the procedures they execute.
• Keeps supervisor informed of project status and provides appropriate information to ensure timely project completion.
• Works under close supervision. Instructions are furnished and work is reviewed to verify its accuracy and conformance with required procedures and instructions.
• Demonstrates basic computer skills, including the department's computer-based audit tools. Also, develops risk analysis capabilities.
• Assists with other administrative matters are presented.
Specific Audits Performed:
• Healthcare Facilities/Hospitals (various financial/control issues)
• Revenue Recognition Projects (bad debt analysis, managed care accruals)
• Special Projects (journal entry review, consolidation)