Guckenheimer, is a national foodservice management company that pioneered restaurant style, healthful dining in the workplace.
Founded in the San Francisco Bay Area by two healthcare professionals, Guckenheimer is an onsite specialty foodservice company dedicated to the philosophy that health and productivity at work is achieved through exceptional food and dining experiences. With accounts across 31 states, Guckenheimer features evolved employee health and wellness programs led by registered dietitians, customized menu creations and fresh meals-from-scratch prepared with sustainable and organic ingredients, locally sourced when available.
With new growth in the area, we have incredible employment opportunities for:PorterReports to:
Food Service Manager or General ManagerFLSA status:
Nonexempt Position Summary:
Maintain the servery, dining room, and kitchen areas as assigned. Includes cleaning and sanitizing tables, maintaining floors, and stocking and cleaning customer areas.Qualifications:
1 year experience in maintenance type position or foodservice environment.2 years job experience demonstrating work ethics and reliability. Position Responsibilities:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Clean and sanitize tables, and chairs. Putting tables and chairs in their correct position. Taking paper, china, and glassware to the designated area.
- Stocking and cleaning condiment and beverage areas.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils or equipment.
- Sweep and mop floors in customer service areas as required.
- Remove garbage as directed in a safe manner.
- Making coofing and stocking coffee stations located in the dining room area.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Must follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
- Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client company.
- Ability to understand and follow direction from managers.
- Ability to interact with customer in a courteous and service oriented manner.
- Ability to work in a cooperative manner with co-workers. Job requires knowledge of MSDS and correct chemical handling.
- Assist other utility staff as required.
- Basic food preparation skills
- Knowledge of correct cleaning and sanitizing of kitchen equipment
- Stock customer service stations with china or paper products Wrap, label, or date food items for sale.
Reporting to this position: NonePhysical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 #. Employee must be able to work on their feet 7.5 hour per day excluding breaks.
- Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
- Must be able to remove garbage to dumpster areas.
- Proper lifting skills must be used when handling stock.
- Must be able to load and push a cart a short distance.
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment