PPG Industries’ vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. Sales in 2013 were $15.1 billion.
Within our Architectural Coatings business, we produce paints, stains, and specialty coatings under the PPG Pittsburgh® Paints, PPG Olympic® Paints and Stains, and PPG Porter® Paints brands, and service the North American coatings industry across three channels.
PPG has recently completed the acquisition of the AkzoNobel North American Architectural Coatings business. This acquisition provides our newly combined Trade organization a tremendous platform for profitable growth. This acquisition enables us to now operate in 800+ retail stores, sell through over 4,000 dealer stores and supply product to large home improvement retailers, such as Lowe's and Home Depot. This acquisition also brings a portfolio of well established brands to PPG such as Glidden, Glidden Professional, Ralph Lauren Paint, Devoe Coatings and Martha Stewart Living paints; Flood, Sikkens and Synteko woodcare products; plus Liquid Nails adhesives and caulks.
For more information visit our website at http://careers.ppgac.com/
In this part time retail sales role you will be the face of PPG providing exceptional customer service to new and existing paint contractors and customers. As part of a fast-paced, dynamic store sales team, you will develop relationships with our customers ensuring that each customer's needs are met in a quick and efficient manner.
Our part time Store Sales Associates are responsible for providing exceptional customer service by developing relationships with our regular paint contractors and new customers by offering timely and friendly customer service.
Additional responsibilities of the role include:
- Processing cash and credit transactions through Point of Sale (POS) terminal
- Tinting paint, matching paint and stain colors and making product recommendations to customers; this requires lifting, moving and stocking one and five gallon paint buckets
- Promoting sundry item to compliment paint products
- Occasionally may be called on to deliver product to a customer
- Maintaining an understanding of local market, operations based selling and customer base
- Maintaining a neat and orderly store, keeping interior and exterior functional, safe and attractive
- Abiding by all company policies and procedures and maintaining safe and ethical working environment