Koch Nitrogen Company, LLC owns and operates facilities in Oklahoma, Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska that produce anhydrous ammonia, UAN and urea. Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC, operates a production facility in Brandon, Manitoba, that produces anhydrous ammonia, ammonium nitrate, UAN and urea. In addition, Koch Fertilizer, LLC owns storage and terminal assets in northwest Europe with trading offices in Switzerland, France and United Kingdom.
Koch Fertilizer is a subsidiary of Koch Industries commissioned to 1) support our fertilizer sales in conducting sourcing, trading, and risk management activities and 2) continue to grow Koch Industries’ presence in the fertilizer industry. Koch companies bring a disciplined, strategic approach to trading that emphasizes market analysis and centers on knowledge systems and customer relationships.
We are currently seeking a Marketing/Trading Representative
, within the North American Sales and Trading Team. We are looking for an individual who wants to be part of a team and enjoys a dynamic environment that offers fresh challenges each day. This is a key marketing and trading role, responsible for origination and optimization of sales and trading positions. The successful candidate must be comfortable managing risk positions, be a self-starter, have a strong understanding of market fundamentals and have proven analytical abilities and trading potential and be capable of developing and maintaining positive relationships with industry counterparts to promote future business. Responsibilities will include:
- Manage day-today fertilizer sales, trading, and logistics activities
- Identify and solve issues to ensure timely product flow and customer service
- Negotiate sales contracts
- Develop mental models for trading fertilizer profitability
- Assist in identification and analysis of growth projects and Koch Fertilizer strategies
- 2+ years’ work experience, especially in the field of marketing, ag sales or logistics
- Experience in agriculture sales, trading, marketing, and/or logistics functions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Collaboration – must be able to work in a team environment
- Problem solving skills
- High motivation and intellectual curiosity
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time
- Fundamental understanding of economic theory and principles
- Strong MS Office skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, marketing, ag economics/business or a related degree from an accredited institution
- Bachelor’s degree in an ag related field from an accredited institution
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.