Sr. Machinist - IRC6693
Integra LifeSciences, a world leader in medical technology, is dedicated to limiting uncertainty for surgeons, so they can concentrate on providing the best patient care. Integra offers innovative solutions in orthopedic extremity surgery, neurosurgery, spine surgery, and reconstructive and general surgery.
Integra's orthopedic products include devices and implants for spine, foot and ankle, hand and wrist, shoulder and elbow, tendon and peripheral nerve protection and repair, and wound repair. Integra is a leader in neurosurgery, offering a broad portfolio of implants, devices, instruments and systems used in neurosurgery, neuromonitoring, neurotrauma, and related critical care. In the United States, Integra is a leading provider of surgical instruments to hospitals, surgery centers and alternate care sites, including physician and dental offices.
Founded in 1989 Integra is headquartered in Plainsboro, New Jersey and has over 3,500 employees worldwide. Integra's common stock is listed on The NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol 'IART.'Brief Description
Performs all phases of machining, finishing, and assembly in a job shop or high volume applications. Processes components to meet print and or geometric tolerance requirements. Responsible for the setup, operation and maintenance of production machinery, maintenance of proper documentation, and support of the manufacturing engineering function.Detailed Description
- Performs set up of manual and CNC machines including loading of tools, troubleshooting, programming adjustments and tear-down.
- With limited supervision, completes tasks as directed by SOPs, routers, prints, work instructions, and manufacturing schedules.
- Operates machining equipment with an understanding of machining and metal removal concepts which may include milling, turning, grinding, and other methods.
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined work pieces to specifications using measuring instruments such as fixed gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- Adheres to dimensions and tolerances found on prints. May use prints and sketches to determine proper methods and processes.
- Performs machine set up.
- Demonstrates a high degree of proficiency in the selection and care of special machine tools such as drills, jigs, mills, lathes, and fixtures.
- Diagnoses machine problems using proper diagnostic tools.
- Maintains CNC program files.
- Maintains machine maintenance files.
- Reworks productions parts and performs emergency rework and/or modification of production parts as directed.
- Modifies existing processes if necessary.
- Inspects prototypes, machines prototype fixtures and First Article components.
- Performs in-process checks using measuring devices and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department lead person or supervisor
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Trains other employees.
- Works on projects as part of a team, exchanging ideas and contributing skills that complement those of the other team members. Fulfills commitments to team members.
- Performs assembly, deburring, and other duties as required