We are looking for an Analyst to support the Management Consulting and Strategy (MCS) group in Pittsburgh, PA or New York, NY.
The Management Consulting and Strategy (MCS) group is Alcoa’s internal strategy consulting group. We are accountable for leading and guiding implementation of Alcoa's three strategic priorities, as defined by the CEO and the Executive Council, to drive profitable growth at Alcoa. To complete our mission effectively, we:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create insights into Alcoa’s businesses, markets, competitors, and customers through fact-based analysis
- Develop actionable solutions to key strategic questions by working closely with Alcoa business units (BUs) and corporate resource units (RUs)
- Identify core business issues and priorities that help inform and shape the senior leadership dialog across Alcoa
As an analyst, you will have the opportunity to help solve Alcoa’s most significant strategic questions. You will be a full member of a project team. You will work alongside MCS consultants in partnership with the business unit client. Through your project work, you will:
- Develop firsthand knowledge of Alcoa’s critical business issues
- Work directly with clients to perform analytics and develop insights
- Create and deliver presentations
- Conduct industry research & client interviews to understand business trends, conditions, and processes
- Build financial models & conduct data mining
- Work with the project team to develop perspectives and hypotheses for the client
Along the way, you will develop strong problem-solving, communication, and people-management skills.
Project engagements typically last 3-6 months; you will typically be assigned to one engagement at a time.Learning and Development:
When you join MCS, you are joining a group that will challenge you and invest heavily in your professional development. MCS leadership runs an interactive program with monthly trainings covering strategy, leadership, project management, and Alcoa-specific topics. We also organize semi-annual offsite trainings for the entire team.
Beyond formal training, MCS provides informal development opportunities. High performing analysts can expect stretch assignments. Moreover, through your daily project interaction, you will gain exposure to Alcoa business leaders in action. Career Path:
We view the analyst position as the start of a rewarding, challenging, and highly flexible career at Alcoa. MCS is the natural starting point because of its unique vantage point on corporate strategy and business unit decision-making. Through your projects, you will gain broad exposure to Alcoa’s varied businesses, and engage with a range of functional areas.
After a 2-3 year experience as an analyst, there are three paths forward:
- Transfer to an Alcoa business unit that aligns with your career ambitions and skill set
- Directly advance to consultant within MCS when ready
- Attend graduate school with an option of returning to MCS as a consultant after attaining an advanced degree
Ideal candidates for the analyst position will possess qualities to include:
- Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and an aptitude for analytics
- A strong record of leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated experience of their ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environments
- An aptitude for problem solving
- Previous successful experience as an active member of a team
- A strong commitment to excellence and personal and professional growth
- Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident, and high energy