Trinity Industries, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a diversified industrial company that owns market-leading businesses which provide products and services to the energy, transportation, chemical, and construction sectors. Trinity reports its financial results in five principal business segments: the Rail Group, the Railcar Leasing and Management Services Group, the Inland Barge Group, the Construction Products Group and the Energy Equipment Group. Trinity’s businesses provide industrial products and services ranging from railcars, barges, storage containers, and aggregates to highway products, structural wind towers, railcar parts, and railcar leasing and management services.
Trinity’s vision is to be a premier, diversified industrial company that owns market-leading businesses which provide superior products and services to customers while generating high-quality earnings and returns for shareholders.
Trinity Corporate is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Network Manager in our Dallas, Texas office! We welcome your ideas and your outstanding work ethic. Join our team today and be a part of “Helping to Build America. ™
In this role, you will direct and coordinate network and computerized management information systems and staff. The Network Manager will supervise employees and will carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. As a member of the IT leadership team, the Network Manager will be responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees in addition to planning, assigning and directing work. The Network Manager will also appraise performance, reward and discipline employees and address complaints and resolving problems.
- Performs analysis of network needs and contributes to design of network architecture, integration and installation
- Maintains network hardware and software, including servers, peripherals, network nodes, terminals and wiring
- Works with consultants to ensure that the computer system platform provides sufficient computing resources to deliver the desired level of business performance
- Coordinates with other departments in order to understand and meet their requirements
- Evaluates network hardware and software requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations
- Checks systems in order to optimize performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures
- Establishes budgetary requirements for equipment replacement
- Establishes and controls systems access and security
- Provides support to and trains users in local area network administration and usage
- Monitors and maintains network stability, collects and analyzes network and memory utilization, and installs and tests software upgrades
- Manages computer operation scheduling, backup, storage and retrieval functions
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for network hardware, software and telecommunications services.
- Develops or establishes strong relationships with service providers
- Negotiates and contracts with consultants, technical personnel and vendors for services and products
- Prepares and maintains documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts
- Develops, maintains and tests disaster recovery plans
- Trains users in the operations of office productivity applications
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- 15 years network engineering and management experience
- The individual synthesizes complex or diverse information
- The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situation
- Demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings
- The individual delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities
- The individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitation and process improvement
- Provide regular performance feedback and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth
- The individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- The individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions
- The individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- The individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly
Why Join Trinity? Trinity welcomes diversity in the workplace; bring your new ideas to our stellar team. You will enjoy competitive pay, company paid vacation, sick time, tuition reimbursement, and paid holidays; as well as, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Trinity rewards your healthy lifestyle by offering non-tobacco users extra vacation in addition to a very affordable rate on your insurance benefits! We believe in family, and you will enjoy a great work life balance and be given the opportunity to join Trinity in giving back to our community by participating in our charity events, with a company match of your donations.
Learn more about Trinity at TrinityCareers.com and connect with us on Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Pinterest!
Trinity Industries, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply online. Employment will be contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions may also require a pre-employment physical/medical exam. The successful candidate must also meet all work eligibility requirements.