Additional responsibilities of the RN Unit Manager include:
• Coordinate and facilitate service area activities and overall functioning of unit.
• Utilize aggregate data for operational decision making to improve efficiencies in delivery of care.
• Assist Director with the budget process through resource identification and service area needs.
• Coordinate the HR processes for all employees: coordinate the hiring and interviewing process; confirm Time and Attendance is completed; coordinate the performance evaluation process with the Clinical Coordinators and ensure consistent evaluations within scheduled time frames; coordinate all disciplinary processes in service area and advise the Director of all final written warnings and terminations.
• Assist and encourage staff participation in problem identification, formulation of plans, and initiation and evaluation of improvement measures. Support the implementation of changes related to the current health care environment.
Additional requirements of the RN Unit Manager include:
• Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education; BSN, preferred
• Minimum 3 - 5 years of recent and relevant RN experience in healthcare setting
• Oncology experience is preferred
• California RN state license
• BLS certification
Our three acute care hospitals and other facilities provide a world of opportunities for professional growth and personal advancement. One of our top priorities is helping employees and their families stay healthy and financially secure. We’ve bucked national trends by continually offering more health benefits without dramatically increasing the costs to employees.
As a Registered Nurse on our dedicated team, you will enjoy a benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Life, Workers Compensation, and Professional Liability
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday, Sick)
• Retirement Savings Program with Company match funds
• Tuition Reimbursement
Caring For Our Workforce!