Job DescriptionRegistered Nurse- Psych, FT(Job Number: 00476-2243)Work Location:
United States-Florida-Port St Lucie-St. Lucie Medical Center - Treasure CoastSchedule:
Registered Nurse - Psych, FT .9
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie is a 229 bed acute-care, full service medical center and a leading provider of quality affordable health care. Because we believe in "Quality, Excellence and Commitment," we deliver the very best medical care with our state of the art medical technologies. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program that allows you to select the options that best meet the individual needs of you and your family.
St. Lucie has also been voted as a top five "Destination Hospital for Nurses." With a team-oriented approach and ample opportunity for career growth, we think you'll find St. Lucie Medical Center offers the ideal atmosphere for your skills and talents.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The Mental Health RN manages the nursing care of patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Performs initial and on-going physical and psychosocial assessment according to accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient.
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients.
- Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises nursing plan of care as needed.
- Collaborates with the treatment team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient status.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Psych, Psychiatric, Behavioral Health, Full time, Day shift with rotating weekends