You’ll Find it With Us!
Airgas USA. LLC is the largest national distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States and this region's largest manufacturer and supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases and related equipment and services. Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers.
JOB SUMMARY: COUNTER SALES - Crafton, PA
We have an excellent opportunity for a COUNTER SALES associate at our Airgas Crafton, PA location. This position sells medical, industrial and specialty gases, welding equipment and hard goods and tools to customers. Responds to inquiries or concerns from either walk-in customers or those customers that call in.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Solicits sales from walk-in and telephone call-in customers.
- Accurately completes and files all required paperwork on a timely basis.
- Documents sales, quotes or other information.
- Enters sales & quote data into the computer and researches information for customers using the computer system.
- Receives payment for merchandise or services sold and enters sale into the computer. Responsible for payments received and adhering to all administrative and accounting related procedures. Wraps and bags purchase and helps customers load merchandise into their vehicles.
- Helps customers to identify product needs and locating merchandise.
- Restocks store merchandise as needed. Arranges stock on shelves or racks in sales area and keeps merchandise in order. Marks or tickets merchandise.
- Coordinate with Purchasing Department regarding product shortages and outages.
- Uses established safety procedures for cylinder handling during exchanges and storage of cylinders.
- Maintains showroom cleanliness by procedures set forth by management.
- Maintains current price documentation and product literature as it becomes available.
- Keeps product knowledge current.
- Follows all safety procedures.
- Follow all verbal directives by management as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years previous related product and/or sales experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Flexible to work overtime as needed.
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety or industrial supply industry with retail experience desirable.
- Experience as a customer service representative will be considered in lieu of gas, welding and safety experience
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook E-mail).
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
- Strong problem-solver, with an eye for detail.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent’s.
- Regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or use a calculator or computer; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to:
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
- Eyesight must be sufficient to view computer monitor for long periods of time or on a continual basis.
- Work environment may contain loud noises and/or odors that may last for long periods of time or on a continual basis.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Airgas Benefits Include:
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision Coverage
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Uniforms & any Personal Protective Equipment
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability